Got my blower back from Magnum Powers

mcate

All ported & polished & just waiting for some warm weather! Actually I'm still waiting for my new intercooler, too. Hope to have it all in in a couple of weeks. Can't wait!

Attachments

• DSC02010.JPG
    DSC02010.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 177
Scott Long said:
NICE!!! Need help putting it on tomorrow? My girlfriend works and I have the day off.

Thanx for the offer, but unfortunately I too work tomorrow! I'm still a little ways away from putting it on, anyhow. Next project up is porting my exhaust manifolds, which I plan on doing next week if it's a little warmer.

.....hey Scott,if my MP tbody ever gets here you can help me change out my blower setup..........."I want to be like Mike"........!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!
z

z90sc said:
.....hey Scott,if my MP tbody ever gets here you can help me change out my blower setup..........."I want to be like Mike"........!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!
z

Be like ME????? Heck, I'm just trying to keep up with YOU!!!!

z90sc said:
z

Rick,
What kind of intake setup in front of that TB are you going to go with?

I have the ZR Motorsport intake on my 92. It sounds good and it made gave the car better throttle response. Not sure what size throttle body is the largest it will fit as I was thinking of adding a 75mm soon. If you have an 80mm you may have to get the MP intake since thats the only one I know of that will fit the larger throttle bodies and MAF's.

Mike, were you doing the head gaskets and upgrading everything while it was apart or just doing the blower and manifolds? did you take your intake manifold off and open up the ports and the inlet port where the return plenum mounts?

Scott Long said:
I have the ZR Motorsport intake on my 92. It sounds good and it made gave the car better throttle response. Not sure what size throttle body is the largest it will fit as I was thinking of adding a 75mm soon. If you have an 80mm you may have to get the MP intake since thats the only one I know of that will fit the larger throttle bodies and MAF's.

Mike, were you doing the head gaskets and upgrading everything while it was apart or just doing the blower and manifolds? did you take your intake manifold off and open up the ports and the inlet port where the return plenum mounts?

I didn't change head gaskets yet, or do anything to the heads. That's a project I'm planning on for next winter. The car's only got 38,000 miles on it. I'm gonna port out the exhaust manifolds while still on the car next week. I just mainly want to grind down that lip at the outlets.

I was under the impression that you had them off the car for some reason. I am still kicking myself for not doing that while I had mine off to clean and paint them. After I put it back together I then read about all the guys grinding them open a little more and removing the lip. Well if I ever have to drop the exhaust its getting done.

A friend of mine in Michigan bought MAC short tube 3.8L headers and cut and rewelded the collector on the drivers side 180 degrees the opposite way to clear the steering shaft and then had custom down tubes made to mate up to his flowmaster cat back. I think I might go that route since the headers are only like $249 or something cheap. Much cheaper than the kooks headers. He said he would weld them for me.

Scott Long said:
I was under the impression that you had them off the car for some reason. I am still kicking myself for not doing that while I had mine off to clean and paint them. After I put it back together I then read about all the guys grinding them open a little more and removing the lip. Well if I ever have to drop the exhaust its getting done.

A friend of mine in Michigan bought MAC short tube 3.8L headers and cut and rewelded the collector on the drivers side 180 degrees the opposite way to clear the steering shaft and then had custom down tubes made to mate up to his flowmaster cat back. I think I might go that route since the headers are only like $249 or something cheap. Much cheaper than the kooks headers. He said he would weld them for me.

I tried to take them off the other day when it was warm out. I just couldn't reach all the way up to get at the passenger side bolts, so I'm going to take a shot at porting them on the car.

that might work. I remember it was tricky to get them out, but then putting them back on was much easier. Just have to make sure the exhaust manifold gasket doesn't slip down. Good luck doing it from below, shouldn't be to hard.

looking good

That supercharger looks good Mike. How long did it take to do all that work? Didn't you send out to get your double IC during the fall??

Brando

Yes I did. It's been so long that I forget exactly when I sent my two cores to him. But in his defense, I told him to take his time & not hurry. I'm having him polish it, which takes time, & I want a quality job. Plus he injured his shoulder a ways back & couldn't work on it for a while. It's supposed to be done this week, so we'll see.
As for the blower, Magnum Powers only had it for around 3 weeks for the porting & polishing. And the majority of that was for the polishing.

Do you have the top polisihed as well as the IC tubing? I'd love to do that to mine but I don't have the time or the experience to do it myself. Maybe when I upgrade my blower if I get an MP2 then I will have them polish it. Although I don't mind it silver. On my 90 SC I painted all the tubes, ic, blower, top, plenums, and tb and maf a high heat silver. When I clean under the hood it shines almost like a chrome. It looks nice. Right now I have oil and crap all over, but if I clean it up it looks nice.

http://www.sccoa.com/member/images/long33.jpg

Last edited:
Scott Long said:
Do you have the top polisihed as well as the IC tubing? I'd love to do that to mine but I don't have the time or the experience to do it myself. Maybe when I upgrade my blower if I get an MP2 then I will have them polish it. Although I don't mind it silver. On my 90 SC I painted all the tubes, ic, blower, top, plenums, and tb and maf a high heat silver. When I clean under the hood it shines almost like a chrome. It looks nice. Right now I have oil and crap all over, but if I clean it up it looks nice.

http://www.sccoa.com/member/images/long33.jpg

Let's see, I bought the Magnum Powers 85mm throttle body & plenum both polished. I polished my blower top, I/C tubes, & intake adapter myself, by hand. It's not hard, nor does it take any special skills, other than PATIENCE. Large open areas are easy to polish, it's the little nooks & crannies that are hard. That's why I had Magnum Powers do the blower. And I'm having a place in South Carolina chrome plate my alternator. Couldn't find anybody to polish it, so I decided to chrome it.
FINALLY got my exhaust manifolds off today & ported them.

Back