started to tear my blower apart

V6Sprout

As most of you know my blower jammed on me when I finished my motor, so I am using Mornaa's overly ported blower fornow.

Anyways I started to tear it apart to see what happened. I got the snout off and the shaft spins freely so its not that thankfully. I am starting to think something may have fallen int he top of the blower and jammed the baldes, I had it covered most of the time so thats why I didn't think it was that but its looking more and more like maybe something did fall in. Anyways I got the snout off but don't know how to get the blades out, there is another section I have to get off the blower case first, it has 2 big gears on it, I beleive these are the gears on each rotor, how does this section come off, there are no bolts, looks like it should just pull off but it won't, any ideas?

That thick baseplate that the rotor gears attach to Jamie is part of a cartridge like devise the seperates from the housing and whole thing pulls out, baseplate and rotors with the gears attached. Look for a seam aorund the case, that baseplate is about 1/2 inch thick.

Wayne,

When he says jammed, he doesn't mean while the car was running. I was there when they installed it, and in spun freely before installing the pulley. Then, after pushing the puley on the snout, the rotors became locked and would not move. I realize the way he described it sounds like they may have heat-fused together or something, so I just wanted to clarify.

Jamie!

Tell me what you find out, I've got a spare blower that I've been holding onto just in case you run into any problems. Email me, its yours no charge should you be unable to get that one sorted out!!

thanks Sabby I appreciate it, I just kept forgetting to email you, plus I think its my fault it jammed, now that I know the snout is fine I think something must have slipped intot he rotors, I had it covered 99% of the time but who knows. I can't get the 1 inch section separated, its on tight I guess, any tips on separating it from the main case?

I had mine apart a week ago.
I knocked it apart with a nylon hammer, and it did separate hard.

Steve Best

that worked for the blower snout but the 1 inch section does not want to separate, anyone got an easy way to get this part separated from the main blower case?

I beat on things, big and small, for a living Jamie so excuse me for over simplifying it. I was lucky enough that just using the weight of the rotors, gears and plate as a counter to my blows on the side of the case (toward the rear), the plate separated and slid off. I used a hefty but soft and non-marring plastic hammer. It that hadn't worked I would have likely cut a block of softwood to fit in the rear opening to bear evenly against the rotors and whacked it carefully with a 3-5 lb mallet.

Prying is another possibility but I don't like to do it on something like this and I would keep it to the unseen bottom if you must do it Once you have it apart I would immediately tape over the rear case bearings with masking or duct tape. When assembling, make sure to clean any hint of adhesive off with solvent after removing the tape.

Steve Best

Back