Almost spring!

mcate

Well, I ported my exhaust manifolds last week, & put them back on the car today. (Sure was easier putting them back on than it was taking them off!) Got the rest of the exhaust system hooked back up, too. This coming week, as I have time, I'm going to put the blower & IC tubes back on, getting ready for the new double intercooler which is supposed to be in shipping as of today. Still waiting for my alternator to get back from the chrome shop at "Mr Alternator" in South Carolina. Blower got back from Magnum Powers the week before last. I think I'm going to ship 2 of my tensioners down to Wynn Carter on Monday for polishing. If everything goes right, I should have the car up & running in a couple of weeks. Then I need to get the Trac lok installed that's sitting in my garage. This winter's round of mods is almost complete!

The trac-lok will be a great upgrade for a late model SC. My friend had a 94 Auto and it wouldn't move when you stomped the gas because the one wheel would just go up in smoke.

Scott Long said:
The trac-lok will be a great upgrade for a late model SC. My friend had a 94 Auto and it wouldn't move when you stomped the gas because the one wheel would just go up in smoke.

I can't wait! Ever since I had the 3.73's put in, I've had that same problem your friend had. Strangely, before the gears, I always thought it was a trac lok. It would chirp both rear tires when hitting 2nd, & jump sideways. But since the gear install it's been all right rear.

I always told myself that if I bought a 94/95 auto SC the first few things I'd do were lower it, install a trac-lok, and remove the third cat and put an early year pulley on the blower.

Back