Local Guru Needed

Broke Neck

Well im tryin to plan in advance. Ive heard how bad these cars are for popping HG's. Just trying to get a ball park figure on what thats going to run me to get fixed, if anyone on the board is able to do it.

Like Ive said before, I know NOTHING about these cars, reading a little here and there. If it was a 3rd Gen Fbody I could tell you what size socket you need to take out the seats with, but im already over the 3rd Gens with this car.

.....some cars go a long,long time with no hg problems others don't depends on level of maintenance that has been done and often just plain luck...what's the mileage?There are ways to help protect the hgs provided the damage hasn't already been done.As for cost.....do them yourself,btw $400-$600 depending on how much it cost to resurface the heads,if you have them off anyway why not have them ported...if you have a shop/mechanic do them normally $1200-$1500 depending on what has to be replaced.Porting/polishing will be more.If you want to discuss this further you can pm me or email me ...I did mine last yr.
z

Head Gaskets

I've owned my 1990SC since 32K miles and around 140K one of the main bearings failed. I never had any problems with the head gaskets. When the main bearing failed, I went ahead and had a reman motor from ford installed rather than fixing the bearing because of the high miles. If your SC has high miles and the HG's fail, you might wanna consider on a complete rebuild of the motor.

Brando

If you have a garage to work in and have an air compressor and an impact wrench I could do them for you for MUCH less than a shop would charge. I can do it with hand tools but it will take longer and all my tools are still in Michigan.

By the way I'm in Chesapeake.

Back