New look for my drag racer.

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
The season starts this Saturday. I ran good at test and tune this past weekend and the car seems to be good to go. With the fiberglass doors I decided to do something different. Inspired by my 35th's paint scheme and some Firebirds I've seen I painted the ground effects gold instead of silver or the old black, sort of a 35th nonanniversary edition. How's it look? So far I've gotten good reviews. Should I paint the rims gold as well? Or would that look tacky?

Attachments

• 05 race car1.jpg
    05 race car1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 05 race car2.jpg
    05 race car2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 220
Mike Puckett said:
The season starts this Saturday. I ran good at test and tune this past weekend and the car seems to be good to go. With the fiberglass doors I decided to do something different. Inspired by my 35th's paint scheme and some Firebirds I've seen I painted the ground effects gold instead of silver or the old black, sort of a 35th nonanniversary edition. How's it look? So far I've gotten good reviews. Should I paint the rims gold as well? Or would that look tacky?
I think it looks pretty sweet i like like color combo.
Please don't paint the rims gold though that would look stupid.
Just my .02.
Dave

Mike I dont think it looks to bad but its just not my taste. I could never see myself driving it with that paint. I think it is more of a love or hate relationship but dont paint the wheels.

Shane

I think it looks pretty good.....just needs some gold elsewhere to even it out a bit. But not the wheels.

Color looks pretty good, but it also looks like there is something wrong at the door sill... Gold rims, no!

It needs a gold pinstripe to balance the gold on the bottom. I like it a lot, the wheels are fine as is.

It needs some gold rally stripes with a thunderchicken on the hood with gold lightning going all over the place. Get a license plate that says "Zzzap"

I would say through some late model side moldings on the doors to take away from the big flat side look. I think the wheels look good as it is, and the ground effects are certainly different.

I never thought about the bird on the hood, but hey if you like the smokey and the bandit T/A look.....

I like the gold pinstripe idea. I think I'll do it. I'm really leaning towards painting the wheels silver with a clearcoat. I'm going to need to get a body shop to rehang the doors for me and straighten them out. I did the best I could but they need some aligning. I can get them to do the pinstripe for me too. I do have a gold bird decal that I got from TJ Designs but it's too small for the hood. It's only about a foot long and 2" high. I'm putting it at the top of the windshield. Thanks for the input.

I think it lools nice Mike.
A set of these might look nice.Cobra brake calipers,13'' rotors..

There is a group buy over on the TCCoA.15% off.

Randy

Attachments

• gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Mike looks nice

Nice color combo!

All you need now is your name on the door in gold leafe lettering and your NHRA number on the side windows. looking good gold and black looks nice kinda like the GT 350 look :)

Back