August 24 Copmbined So Cal and Nor Cal meet

RonzSC

August 24 Combined So Cal and Nor Cal meet

We will be having a combined meet for the Califonia chapters of the Super Coupe Club of America.
The meet will be held on August 24th at the Famoso Drag Stip in Bakersfield, California. www.famosoraceway.com/schedule.html

A tournament style race between chapters will be featured pitting Super Coupes representing the respective chapters. SC's that belong to each chapter will race for the Blown Head Gasket Award to be given to the winner of the tournament. (title to be amended as necessary).

Please post your desire to be one of the racers and your name will be added to this list below:

Southern California............Northern California
John Shelton...................hwycoper
Ron Garcia.....................SmackdownSC
35th SC........................Jim Demmitt jr.
Al35thSC.......................Wade Young

Last edited:
Ron,

Please put Mark and I down. We should have the second SC up and running by then so we will have both cars ready.

Sue

As I said before you can add myself and the wife to the list.
BTW: is that all you got showing up Ron??
I also brought the 24 th to the top with a sticky on the N/Cal
;)

Kurt Sr

Last edited:
Ron I will be there

Bakersfield I cant wait for it :)
I will be there that is a fact working hard to get to the track for test runs

Looking forward to seeing all of you wonderful people down there
Also looking forward to those "AWESOME" BBQ Bakersfeild Hamburgers

so dude, whats up with the cobra r. i figure youd have all kinds of nice stories to say about that :)

al

Cobra R "VERY FAST"

al we took it to Sears Point
We dident run the car it was part of the show

We did take it down the road to the Winerys 130mph on a quick throttle test this car has power shifts nice sound awesome at full throttle

I want to take it to Laguna Seca and run it ;)

RON,.. bubba, your looking a little weak on the S/Cal side there guy...And its N/cal ... 5 to 3...lol :D

Kurt Sr

What should we do?

I guess we should just not even show-up. first Jimmy talks about what he is going to do and now you guys are telling me that we are weak. C'mon guys, you don't have any more folks than you did back in May. Mark and Sue, Kurt and Mrs. Kurt and Jim. You haven't added anyone else.....frankly we are still waiting to see if you can get enough cars to make it worth the trip. You only have two cars racing? Jim and Mark....PLEEEEZE.***That's still the same as before, with nothing having changed. The talk is that not even Jim is going to be ready. Although I hope the rumor is wrong, it makes a person wonder.
I'm pulling for you Jim D. get that rascal together so we can have some fun. And Mark...you better not show-up with that new Chevy and put all of us in our places.

I am runing at Backersfeild

Ron I will be there and runing the car
We are going full bore right now getting it together to test before Bakersfeild

I need to know for a fact we are going to have this race so I can get some days off from work

Silver Bullet will be there I will run some great 12 second runs at that track here at Sac 11 seconds are coming

We are coming Ron get that BBQ going :D

We'll be there

Hey Big Daddy! The Southern Cali guys will be there. We are always ready. For Sure we will be there!
My Posse (Nikki, Hot Rod Lincoln, Little Oscar and Heather-Hot Stuff) will be their. I night even coax Mrs. RonzSC to make the trek to Bakersfield, other miracles have happened.
We are having a general club meeting on the 21st and we will make some plans for refreshments and stuff at the track. We plan of serving roasted and toasted Sacramento Silver Bird. We all plan to do some of the frying.

we are all getting ready. we know exactly who is gonna go and who will bring what. i didnt feel like posting in this thread for fear i may be calleda post whore :eek: lol but the others are still bolting on the heads and huge cams, getting trannies ready, practicing shift points, and making space for the trophies :D

al

Ok ,Ron. Here add a new member for the N/Cal side.

Rango........with car,new member(N/C)

BTW: I realize this is a meet at a track but dose that mean that everyone HAS to race if they show?????? I'm going to set back,drink abeer or two, and watch an enjoy the show and win money on your races in the stands. I wont even blow MY car up doin it. lol :D

Kurt Sr

Ya, I figure the first one in the stands that says a stock must. can beat a Sc I'm going to flash a 100.00 bill at him and say "your On"
of course I WONT drop my beer:D

Kurt Sr

Mr. Gone14's

I posted this thread just to get a handle on those that WERE racing. We need to establish the number of brackets in the tournament. The combined meet is for everyone in the two chapters..."absolutley". Did you misread the thread that three folks were the only ones showing up? Oh no my friend....just the ones that have qualified to race thus far...sorry Charley. If this is the case and you are not racing then I guess your list should be just Jim and Mark...

jim

Hey Jim...can he give me notice? If not, that's ok, but I would like a firm commitment from him since I don't really know him.

Ron he said he was coming

Ron he told my Dad & Bob Johnson he was coming
I dont have his phone number

Your right you never know if its for sure

I think there is three SC's from Nor-Cal besides Wade that are going to race

I hope we have enough to make this a nice event thank you all for trying so hard to get this together its so nice of you

Would put Sumfear(Derek) on the list with the only Cat around please.

Keep a eye on our list, as I am adding to it, as I am yours.

Thanks Kurt Sr

Ps: Ron, I do know what you are trying to figure out for the event. I was just pulling your chain a little. :D

Back