Need Vehicles For Carlisle Evolution Display...all Ford Nationals

lube70

I have been asked by Don Holton of the International Thunderbird Club and the people at Carlisle to see if anyone wishes to participate in the 50th Anniversary Display of the Thunderbird at the All-Ford Nationals in Carlisle, P.A.

There are some good points and bad points....

1) You MUST BE ON THE SHOWFIELD AT 9 AM ON FRIDAY..
2) You MUST BE ON THE SHOWFIELD AT 8 AM ON SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
AND YOU CANNOT LEAVE ANYDAY BEFORE 3:30 PM.
3) YOUR CAR CANNOT AND WILLNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CARLISLE REGULAR
JUDGING FOR YOUR CLASS.

NOW THE GOOD POINTS:

NATIONAL RECOGNITION OF YOUR CAR AS IT IS IN THE EVOLUTION DISPLAY FOR EVERYONE TO SEE.

YOUR CAR WILL BE NOTED IN THE CARLISLE HANDOUT..(THE BOOK IN THE GOODIE BAG), WITH YOUR NAME AND CAR.

HELPING TO SHOW EVERY YEAR THUNDERBIRD PRODUCED....

CHICKS LOVE CARS IN FANCY DISPLAYS!!!!!!!

THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT THAT WE WILL NEVER PROBABLY SEE AGAIN.......

NOW MORE GOOD OR BAD.....

MUST BE STOCK OR STOCK LOOKING....

MEANING.......

1) NO AFTERMARKET RIMS
2) NO SPECIAL PAINT JOBS
3) NO BLACK TINTED WINDOWS
4) NO HUGE STEREO SYSTEMS THAT ARE VISIBLE
5) NO GROUND EFFECTS OTHER THAN STOCK
6) NO COLD AIR INTAKES, RAISED TOPS, ETC.

AGAIN, SOME OF US DO NOT EVEN FIT IN THESE CATAGORIES ANYMORE. I MYSELF HAVE TWO STOCK SC'S AND ONE MODIFIED.

WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE YEARS OF 1989, 1992, 1993, 1996.

ANYONE WANTING MORE INFO, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT (973) 277-4294

OR DON HOLTON OF THE ITC AT

www.intl-tbirdclub.com

OR GET MORE INFO ON THIS SITE:

All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, PA
Thunderbird 50th Anniversary Celebration
Evolution Display

To be in the Evolution display, the owner has to agree to have the car in place by 9:00 am Friday and the car HAS to be there for all 3 Days until 3:30 pm on Sunday and if the vehicle leaves the show field each day it has to be back by 8:00 am Saturday and 8:00 am Sunday! Each participant will receive a special participation shirt (there will be a participation form created which will be mailed to each participant). Vehicles in the Evolution Display will not be considered for class participant ballot awards! Vehicles in the display will be considered for celebrity pick awards! Participants will receive a special event participation gift related to the event! Owners will be recognized in the program.

You must still register and can use the ITC Registration form and please note on the form, that your car will be in the Evolution Display.

Owners of cars in the evolution display will receive their event entrance window decal in the mail prior to the event so there will be no formal registration at the gate as usual for these cars as they can go direct to the Evolution Display area!

Evolution Display Thunderbirds must be original non-modified cars either restored or un-restored original cars. No modified Thunderbirds are to be placed in the Evolution Display as requested by Carlisle!

I don’t think this has ever been accomplished so please consider adding your name to this list by contacting Don Holton directly for up to date availability by year as this will be 1st come 1st confirmed for entry e-mail: topsdown@holtononline.com or 607-734-5340 Please include owner information, year, unusual qualities, ie Special Edition…

Early Registration for both the Evolution Display and the normal display classes of $30.00 must be received by February 21, 2005:

Jim & Darlene Osowski
64 Ferris Street
South River NJ 08882-1840
732-432-6797
djtbird@msn.com

Evolution Display Registration After February 21, 2005 must be made directly with:

Carlisle Events
1000 Bryn Mawr Rd
Carlisle PA 17013
Fax 717-243-0255

Confirmed Thunderbirds

1955 Neil Osmun
Dillsburg, PA
1956 Walter & Sandi Fries
Nazareth, PA 1980
1957 Marley R. Gross II
Spring Grove, PA 1981

1984 Fila Bill & Jean Shilo
Sunbury, PA
1961 Convertible Bob & Kathy Ridolfi
Dayton, MD 1985
1962 Hardtop Tom & Claudia Hollenbach
Allentown, PA 1986
1963 Landau Wayne & Jean Wermuth
Allentown, PA 1987 Turbo Coupe Steve & Lynn Bozzi
Bridgeport, CT
1964 Landau Earl & Judy Dickinson
Damascus, MD 1988 Turbo Coupe Cesare Arichi
Philadelphia, PA
1965 Hardtop Jim & Darlene Osowski
South River, NJ 1989
1966 Landau John & Cathy Rowe
Statsburg, NY 1990
1967 4-dr Landau Ken & Ann Leaman
Fairfield, NJ 1991 Super Coupe Donald O'Neill, Jr.
NJ

1970 1994 LX Pete & Julie Tietjen
Harpursville, NY
1971 1995 40th Anniv. Nick & Edie Anzano
Dumont, NJ

1973 1997 LX Wayne & Jean Wermuth
Allentown, PA
1974 2002 Premium Ken & Lucille Harvey
Vineland, NJ
1975 Hardtop John Rotella
Camillus, NY 2003 Premium Bill & Jean Shilo
Sunbury, PA
1976 Cream &
Gold Edition Elliott Weiner
Smithtown, NY 2004 Premium James Barretta

2005 Possibly Filled

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR SUPPORT IN MAKING THIS HAPPEN!!!!

DON O'NEILL, JR

Anyone----anyone

If anyone is interested, let's get going!!!!!

Please post as sticky, George... :D

Thanks,

Don

I am more then interested in making the trip down to New Jersey for this. I have a 1992 SC. The only question's I have are: My windows came tinted from Fords, and I recently painted engine parts to make the engine bay stand out a little bit more, is that ok? Other then that, the car is bone stock with the exception of a aftermarket head unit, but I can put the stock one back in if its a problem... pretty easy to do. I will talk to my dad about this tommorow and see what he says. Please get back to me.

thanks

Jean.

Last edited:
Evolution Display

I exchanged emails with Don at the end of last week for my all stock '89 to be part of the display. His wife is going to update the list this week. There are still quite a few slots open, hopefully we can get them all filled.

Scott

All depends on what's painted...

What did you paint???? Is the top and IC tubes painted??? If so, and they look nice (VEERRRRYYY NICE), you might get away with it.

You could always leave the hood closed. Again, we are getting to within 3 months of the event. We need to fill these spots.

Call or e-mail Don Holton (info in first link of post), and put your name in.

See what they say....

Don

The SC, Top, Tubes, Intercooler and Windshield washer fluid containter are painted. All is aluminuim and the lettering is Ford Blue. It looks amazing, but I will contact Don Holton tommorow night.

thanks

Newsflash!!!!

We are still in need of a 1992 Thunderbird for the Evolution Display for the Carlisle All-Ford Nationals. Anyone going or thinking of going, please repsond.

Thanks again for your help in fulfilling this special Display for the 50th Anniversary.

Don O'Neill, Jr.

I was going to make the trip, but since I am only 17, its going to be really hard to come up with this extra money to go. I would have really loved to go.

Back