Friday Night Test and Tune

Les Borda

Ok who is up for a Friday night test and tune fun night at Cayuga?

If I read the website correctly you can run until midight which gives us lots of time to play. The only thing that is weird is that on their online schedule, some test and tune nights say (no timing). If that means no timers and slips what the hell is the point of testing and tuning? I guess we should call and find out exactly what that means.
I still have no idea where you pick up your time slips seeing as the old shack is gone..unless it's at the end of the track and we could not see it with Jim when we were there on Sunday afternoon.,

The time clock was running this past Friday but not sure if they were handing out time slips or not, I didn't get any ruins, damn starter! :(

I want to go this Friday but not sure if the wifey will let me, we have a wedding to go to Sat morning plus we will be in Hamilton Friday so if I want to go she will have to come too, she is not a fan of going to the track, she finds it boring, as expected! But I might weasle my way into a few runs and then leave :)

Les, if you are going to the track on a Friday around what time were you planning to leave? I know you said that it's open until midnight. LMK I might be in depending on the time.

If we can get a few folks to go like COLEMAN!!!!!!!!!! would be nice(dying to see his car go) we could leave around 6 or 6:30. Count on traffic and it taking almost 2 hours to get there with traffic on a Friday sad to say.

If I may, past experience driving to the track is about 2 hours.
What time do they open? They used to be open at 6:00, but then they opened later and later every year (2000 was 7:00 - 11:00!!)
Whenever you guys decide to go is fine for me (Friday night or Wednesday night - whatever) as i'm not working Saturdays, yet.
If you decide to go soon i'll just bring the 'Bird. I wanna see how s.....l......o..........w it is.
Hopefully I don't fall asleep behind the wheel at the 1000' mark - LOL!!!

Les, when will you guys be passing through Hamilton? Are you meeting up first at Sean's?
Let me know...

Paul,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this Friday night, as my flight home doesn't land me in T.O. until after 8:00 PM. ...I wish I could join you!

Cheers,

Sean

Ah, didn't know you were unavailable Sean... bummer. I just assumed "the gang" would meet at your place first. My bad.

Les, what time are you passing through Hamilton? I can meet up with you guys at the Mud st./HWY 20 Timmy's to make things convenient.(?)

LMK...

I'm considering coming down, but I'd rather have my stickies to put on, and haven't been able to get in touch with the guy from the GTA Mustang Club who had a pair of 16" Mustang wheels to sell me.

BTW for everybody who's been thinking about geting some drag tires, please look at my new post.

cheers
Ed N.

Ok it looks like we have a few more interested parties.

What say we meet at the Timmy's at the top of the hill on Hwy 20(Centennial Parkway). Is that Mud Street Paul?

Maybe we could all try for between 7:00 and 7:30pm. It's about another 40 minutes or so from there to the track.

I hope you guys have fun!!!

I'm still stuck down here in Indianapolis. We encountered some surprises down here today, and I'll be lucky if I can catch a flight out tomorrow night.

...Sometimes I wonder what the hell I keep that SC for! I'm rarely ever around to enjoy it. Someone want to go to my place and take it for a spin just to rotate the tires and get the oil circulating??? ;)

DAMNED!

Bye.

So, for those who are interested, the evening at Cayuga was a success (no broken parts - u-joints included)!!!
With a minor mix-up on my part (I still feel REALLY HORRIBLE) the evening continued. It was busy, maybe 150 cars (?) and lots of girlfriends (LOL!). The track was slippery, especially off the line. Paul, just for reference, I launched my car on a quiet side street before I got home and it hooked @ 1700 RPM, no problem!
Anyways, just thought i'd do a little follow up.
I'll include my time-slip info for anyone thats interested.

run #1 run #2
60 ft 2.485 2.453
330 ft 6.908 6.899
1/8 10.526 10.481
MPH 68.67 69.23
1000 13.610 13.546
1/4 16.215 16.139

Yeah, wheel spin sucks!!! If I had wheels then I am positive that I would have run around a 15.7 - 15.8. Even at the 330 ft mark the car wasn't pulling like it does on the street.
Les, Paul, wanna post #'s?

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't make it guys, I didn't get home till almost 9pm and then it would have been almost 1 hour drive to the track so it was not worth it to go. I do however plan on going this friday since I need to get a few runs in before I head to NJ for the V6 Shootout, I need some times to compare my times with in NJ.

So what did everyone else run?

It was pretty slick Friday... we saw two mostly stock WS6's run mid 14's :eek:, and one SC run 18's :(. There were LOTS of racers there due to the Saturday event; lots of campers and spectators too.

The runout area has been doubled in length so I'm told (I haven't been there in years personally). They paved top end of the track as well, but the return lane is BAD... and you gotta watch real close for spectators now as you pass in front of the stands. They got the printer working again however and were actually handing out timeslips!

Les and I could only put down 15.3's... bad 60' times.

15.401@90.93 to be exact, my second run I bogged out of first so that was a right off. It was so damned busy that we gave up after 2 runs, the line ups were horrific.

Sorry I have ball again this friday and the way my bat is going,I dont want to miss it.I'm starting to tear the cover off the ball again. I'll make it out there before the summer is out.I dont even get off work till 5:30 all though if I'm going to the track I could try for earlier! :D :D :D

Back