Speed Channel Has Cars At Carlisle On Tonight March 3rd!!

lube70

TONIGHT ON SPEED CHANNEL IS THE CARS AT CARLISLE SHOW ABOUT THE CARLISLE ALL-FORD NATIONALS AND OTHER SHOWS THERE.

IT AIRS TONIGHT AT 9 P.M. (EASTERN TIME) ON SPEED CHANNEL.

GET YOUR TAPES OR DVD'S READY TO SAVE THIS PIECE OF HISTORY.

DON

The national premiere of the "Cars at Carlisle" program will air on Speed TV on Thursday, March 3, at 9 p.m. Eastern time. Check local listings for other areas. The one-hour television special features highlights of the 2004 Carlisle Events show season.

The television special, financed and produced by Carlisle Events, serves as an introduction to the amazing lineup of events held each year at the Carlisle Fairgrounds and tells the story of this beloved phenomenon in the collector car hobby. The special will be aired at least four times in 2005. Barry Meguiar, host of “Car Crazy” on Speed Channel, also hosts the “Cars at Carlisle” program.

“We are very excited about our partnership with Speed,” said Chris Edwards, Carlisle Events’ marketing manager. “Speed is the premier network for car, truck and motorcycle enthusiasts, and we look forward to the exposure our events will receive. Speed produces quality television programming with the same passion for the hobby that we bring to our events that attract more that 500,000 visitors each year. It’s a perfect match.”

“As Speed Channel continues its commitment to strengthen the automotive-lifestyle programming we offer Speed viewers, adding coverage of signature events like the unique series of collector car shows held each year in Carlisle reinforces that commitment,” said Robert Ecker, Speed Channel VP of programming. “The inclusion of ‘Cars at Carlisle’ to the growing lineup of quality enthusiast programming in 2005 is a great move for Speed.”

See our press release for more information.

Other Scheduled Airings
The special is scheduled to air on these dates.

Thursday, March 3 - 9 p.m., 12 midnight
Friday, March 4 - 3 a.m., 6 p.m.
Sunday, March 6 - 3 a.m.
Thursday, March 31 - 5 p.m.

lube70 said:
TONIGHT ON SPEED CHANNEL IS THE CARS AT CARLISLE SHOW ABOUT THE CARLISLE ALL-FORD NATIONALS AND OTHER SHOWS THERE.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will see many (or any) Thunderbirds. This is from "Carlisle Marketing Department" of the Carlisleforums.
The TV special talks about all of our events but the footage is mostly from last year's Custom Compact show, Chrysler show, Bike Fest and Corvette show.

You can read the thread here.

I did see an SC on the show last night. It was about 10 min into the hour and as they panned across the field of T-Birds I saw some mid 60's and then 2 white SC's with their back end to the camera. Anybody else see them or know who they were? It was mostly geared to Corvettes, MOPARS, and the motorcycle shows. The guys from Orange County Choppers and the 2 red neck guys from the Hemi commercials were shown. Interesting show.

Mike Puckett said:
I did see an SC on the show last night. It was about 10 min into the hour and as they panned across the field of T-Birds I saw some mid 60's and then 2 white SC's with their back end to the camera. Anybody else see them or know who they were? It was mostly geared to Corvettes, MOPARS, and the motorcycle shows. The guys from Orange County Choppers and the 2 red neck guys from the Hemi commercials were shown. Interesting show.

Yeah, I saw the brief shot of the T-birds. There was nothing at all about the All Fords show, but enough about Corvettes to make you puke.

I liked the two shows that were on before that better. The American Muscle car on the new GTO, and the Car Crazy show at Meadowbrook.

Mike Puckett said:
Mike,
I did see them pan across the field of Thunderbirds about 10 minutes into the show last night. I recorded it and plan on looking at it again tonight to see if I recognize anybody's SC.

Disappointing, made special effort to watch it. Would've been nice if they spent at least a few minutes covering the Ford cars. Should've paid closer attention to Kurt K's post.

Wouldn't that be the same "compact" show that made headlines for under age drinking, vandalism, and general nuisance (to the point of not hosting the show anymore). Nice to see them get props then (?!?)

I did catch part of that just by accident. It was talking about Corvette's. I could tell that the show was more about Carlisle though, but I didn't even think for a second that there would actually be an SC's shown so I flipped around.

Micah

When I turned it on there were guys talking about spending 90,000 to 120,000 on imports. I watched it but it covered the rice, vette's, and bike fest more than the anything. I saw a few mustangs doing burnouts.

I too remember the ricer crowd wasn't being invited back after what they did a few years ago? What gives?

I thought the show was pretty lame after about 45 minutes then I fell asleep waiting for the Ford show to be featured. I guess it wasn't. Corvettes and Mopars were okay but c'mon with the trucks and the bikes - way too much time on that. I thought the title was CARS at Carlisle. It was not very representative of the range of shows which feature far more cars than anything else throughout the summer. It didn't capture the sense I get when going to the Ford show. It was too gimmicky.

Yuck.

Ok guys, I just watched my tape. The brief (don't blink) appearence of SC's occurs shortly after they are talking about the very first Carlisle show and then about how they purchased the fairgrounds in 1981. The SC's are shown immediately following a shot with a silver 67? Corvette driving into the Fairgrounds.

The shot appears to be from the grandstands on Sunday? morning ,it pans from left to right. Facing the camera, you will see most of a black SC, followed by 2 silver and another black and, I think, a certain White SC that houses a 351 turbo with several onlookers. Then there's a Black, followed by a white and 2 others and then the New Jersey tent (still lowered to the ground from the night before). On the same row, facing away from the camera, there's a white Bronco (parked in the wrong area) followed by a white, then a silver and finally a red SC. And then it looks like across the aisle from them are some LX's, but it's hard to tell.

The shot then fades into a candy red El Camino.

Yes, this description is about 1000 times longer than the shot.

Back