Finally

blownranger

Hello!

Imagine my suprise at finding a Manitoba chapter of SC clubs! I have been going to SCCOA for years...I have owned 3 SC;c, a 90 SC (1st) a 93 and currently a 94! I have bought another car (non SC) and am considering selling my 94! But now that I have found this chapter...maybe I will reconsider! Good to know there are other SC enthusiats in our winter wonderland! Cheers!

hey whats up man there is about 4 or 5 of us here but none of them ever seem to wanna post lately.. but if u look there still booting aroudn teh city :p.

whast ur look liek any pics?

Hey! Thanks for responding! I see a few coupes around...glad to hear some of them occasionally go on here! Mine is a pearl white 94 auto...completely stock, I'm the second owner and it only has 84k on it! don't have any pics but I will soon! How about yours? year? pics? Cheers!

Ya ya ya.. just been sticken to the tech forum, unless winipegsc opens his yap :D

just adding my 2¢

Grant

By the way... how much for the sc??? ;)

Hey

I'm not sure I want to sell the SC...its my third one and definately the nicest, and my oldest daughter has her eye on it (but she's in University and can;t afford it yet!)...dosn't seem like you can get much for these great cars on the open market! If I couldn't get around 8 grand I don't think its worth letting her go? :confused:

I was just being a pest. :rolleyes:

Right now I'm putting some money together to get a BC owned one, hopefuly in 2 yrs, I'll get one. Maybe by then I can bring up a Califonia one, that would be cool. stupid salt!! for now, i'll just have fun with this one. the outside looks good, but if you look close enough, cancer has taken it's toll. :mad:

But won't part with it until the fenders start falling off... and even then I'd have a hard time.. lol..

Nice to hear from you, maybe we'll see each other on the sunday night cruises.. spring is around the corner... i hope :rolleyes:

Grant

PS. I'll be driving the White 92 SC

Mine has some rust..but think its just surface from what I can see...tiny spot that I'll have fixed in a month or so! Your is white too! This is my thrid white one! Bought a ne 1990 and then a used 93 both white and now this one...I like the pearl. nice to talk to people who love the cars as well! Is yours stock? when did you et it? Do you have your eye on a specific one from BC? The car I just bought (Audi) I got from Victoria!

This is my 3rd bird two, had a white 73 t-bird (460 cid) what a nice bird, sucked on gas but man did it fly when I wanted it to.. lol... a 80 burgandy 255, rear main seals went and let that go, stupid me, all that was wrong was the seal, NO RUST AT ALL OR DENTS :mad: then this one, the 92sc. Dad had a 64, 65 , 66 (one of these had the 390 hemi pistons,could that one fly) , 70 tbirds. Guess you can say I was born to love them.. lol.. still want to get my hands on a 65. this is the year that I was born so thought it would be the most meaningful to me. :eek:
now to get one with-out the rust again, that is why I want to get from BC. sure they have rust, but nowhere near the amount we have. the next one will never see a snowflake. I just have to wait until I get the cash, then make it happen. I'm about half way there, but will have to wait 2 more years. then I should have it, and enough to restore it to stock. don't want to add on, it is a great car by itself. :rolleyes:

after all, i'll be driving this car into the ground and hopefully out of the zoommm stage... ;)

Yaaa Right!!! lol... what do they say... BLOW ME!!! lol...

As long as I can stay infront of my friends 87 Monte Carlo SS (305 HO) I'll leave it stock, BUT, when he keeps even, it's mod time :D

Grant

heres a pic of my car and the monte

Monte
My Car Pic1
And Pic2

PS. I only have good things to say about that Monte, would love to have it!

Last edited:
Thats a long history of 'birds! No wonder you love them! I bought the first one brand new(90)...put about 95,000 kms on it before having to sell it (company car) and then bought the 93 with 62,000 kms on it and traded it with 90,000+ on the 94 I currently have! The 94 was a 1 owner car that had 23,000 original kms on it! I have had it since Jan/00 and may sell it this spring if I can get somewhere near what its worth! If not, my oldest daughter is making noises about selling (mostly giving!) it to her! Hate to let someone else have that car as mileage/condition/equipment would not be easily (impossible?) to replace! I see the pic of the Monte was taken at Kenora! Was the bird pic on the lake at LOW as well? Thats my fav place in the world to spend time in the summers! The bird RARELY goes down there, as raod to the cottage is pretty rough (washboard) and kicks the hell out of the old beast! and I can't stand squeaks and rattles! I guess we will see how thiings unfold in the next couple of months! :confused:

Dang, thats pretty good, yes the monte was in Kenora. the pics on the bird was at The Narrows. Had to goto Dauphin for a funeral and did some fishing on the way back. Pulled the car over to the Hydro lines and took some pics. This was about a week of owning it. Then 2 weeks later blown the HG. Haven't regreted buying it yet, but $1600 sure was a big dent :eek: might as well get both done at the same time. Put Iradium plugs in it, sprang a leak in the Power Steering hose, I have a replacement A/C compressor that I have to get installed soon. Removed the Silencer, nice to hear that blower. :cool: now I have to do the O2 sensers, it's starting to have a rough idle and looping alittle. going to fix up some rust around the wheel wells for summer. then see if I can park it for the winter next year. (without dipping into the BC fund :D )

Later
Grant

I had not roubles with the first two...but had to "rebuild" the tranny at 32,000km on the 94! and replaced the rad around there as well...have had a cam sensor go on the 94 but thats about it!have no visible rust (haven't looked to see if there is any under ground effects etc. but don't think so? door jambs etc. are clear? I have a couple chips off the paint on both rear fender wells (parking lot idiots) that I am going to get done but thats about it?leather is really good too...except for the bolster on drivers side. Mine is completely stock...the way I want it! The only options it doesn't have (that I know of) are the remote keyless entry (put an auto starter with remote entry, so fixed that) and from what I read there was a factory car phone option? But has everything else inluding the apparently "rare" cup holders in the centre console (these are pretty useless anyways!) I get a rad flush and alignment once a year and change the oil every 5k and pop winter/summers off and on when necessary and thats about it! Its been a great car!

Hey Guys! Wow I Can Hardley Believe My Eyes This Is Great! Last Year We Have All But Givin Up On Local Interest. This Is Truly Good News. How Many Are Out There? Drop In On The Board And Lets See If We Can All Get Together One Evening! My Buddy Bill And I Are Working On Raised Tops For The Spring Introduction Should Be Sweeet. Later

Back