?spinning wheels-sc coil spring isolators

Jeremy_K

I just got some S/T lowering springs from shox.com. I also got some coil spring isolators from Spinning wheels-sc. The rear coils don't fit perfectly in the grooves on the isolators. is that normal? is it OK to install them like that as long as i have the tail of the spring in the pocket?Thanks

Attachments

• coil 1.jpg
    coil 1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 195
  • coil 2.jpg
    coil 2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Spring Isolators fitting on other than stock springs may not fit the same as stock...

NMxr7SC said:
I just got some S/T lowering springs from shox.com. I also got some coil spring isolators from Spinning wheels-sc. The rear coils don't fit perfectly in the grooves on the isolators. is that normal? is it OK to install them like that as long as i have the tail of the spring in the pocket?Thanks

Hi, If the spring fits inside the Isolator you should be o.k. The tips of your springs might be cut a little diffrent than the stock ones?. If you have any other questions or need further assistance? please do not hesitate to call us or email us at anytime. Thank you!

www.Spinningwheels-sc.com
spinningwheels-sc@earthlink.net
Victor and Diane
352-732-5013
Thanks so much for your purchase!

Last edited:
I had the same problem. ST springs are just fat. I wrapped mine with electrical tape to hold them in place during installation. They work great now.

Smart people helping others. Only in America!

MikeKanterakis said:
I had the same problem. ST springs are just fat. I wrapped mine with electrical tape to hold them in place during installation. They work great now.

I spoke to the company that I buy them from, We touched on that same subject. I'm really glad you mentioned this. Its people as youself that help out so much. I think this is a viable resolution to this. Thank you. I'm sure this would work fine also. Being a vendor and not having the springs in front of me and not being able to study the problem is like working blind. Mike our hat goes off to you. This is another great reason of being a member of SCCoA. We have a lot of great folks that are willing to help resolve important issues. Let us know if you would like to come and work with us :) Now about how much tape would you recommend or times around the spring and the Isolator? say 5 times around sounds about right, or just eye ball it! Thank's for your answer to this. I will pass this on to the MFG. They will agree or disagree? I think its a good Idea. Just make sure you its done that the tape will stay on firm and tight and not brake or get sloppy! A good brand of tape should do it...Mike Stop by our place any time. Or give me your number so that I may call you on occasion. :) :D :cool: Thank you!!!
Cheers!
Victor and Diane
www.spinninge wheels-sc
Note: We cannot warranty this method although it does sound reasonable.
spinninwheels-sc@earthlink.net

Last edited:
Thanks for the good words. :D

I'll try and post a pic tomorow. I went a bit overboard, but that's to be expected. Oh well. Just don't laugh when you see the pic. :eek:

Here is the pic. this way, I knew that the isolators were held corectly onto the springs. Upon installation, they went right into place.

Attachments

• ST rear springs with mn12 isolators.JPG
    ST rear springs with mn12 isolators.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 196
I'm glad that someone figurede this out and posted it for me-- I just now got doen order my S/T springs and probably would have pulled my hair out trying to figure this out. Thanx guys!!!

MikeKanterakis said:
Here is the pic. this way, I knew that the isolators were held corectly onto the springs. Upon installation, they went right into place.
damn! i better stock up on some electrical tape! reminds me of wrapping hockey sticks back in the day! :p Mike, did you put the tail of the spring in the pocket before you taped them or did you center the spring on the center hole?

yeah, I tried to align the spring as well as posible first. You know, like how the stock spring is supposed to fit in the isolator.

Back