Looking for a turn signal and windshield washer switch assembly

kaiserkreb

Hi everyone, as the title implies I'm looking for a turn signal and windshield washer switch assembly for an 89 SC, not sure how different they are throughout the run of the car, however I suspect they are fairly compatible from 89 to at least 91-92. Ford retails them for 160 bucks which is absolutely insane, so I figured I'd try for a used one first. The one I have does NOT have the auto dimmer option so I don't know if thats something that would work if I put one in that had that option, or if it's a completely seperate module. I suspect that it would need more to function so I'll just say that I need one without that. Thanks for reading and eternal thanks if anyone can help me. Long live the SC!!

Darren

kaiserkreb said:
Hi everyone, as the title implies I'm looking for a turn signal and windshield washer switch assembly for an 89 SC, not sure how different they are throughout the run of the car, however I suspect they are fairly compatible from 89 to at least 91-92. Ford retails them for 160 bucks which is absolutely insane, so I figured I'd try for a used one first. The one I have does NOT have the auto dimmer option so I don't know if thats something that would work if I put one in that had that option, or if it's a completely seperate module. I suspect that it would need more to function so I'll just say that I need one without that. Thanks for reading and eternal thanks if anyone can help me. Long live the SC!!

Darren
I got one kicking around from a 89 XR7 parts car, not the prettiest, color faded from the sun but appears to work ok. Let me know if it will work for you and if so we'll work something out. Ron

turn signal\washer

i have a few from 90 sc for $35 shipped. what color is urs?i have red,blue. theses colors probally don't matter but when u take urs off they come in diffrent colors. that switch controls at least 3 other thinhg, wipers,turn signal and ur hazard lites. im in ny. thx tony.

79sc said:
I got one kicking around from a 89 XR7 parts car, not the prettiest, color faded from the sun but appears to work ok. Let me know if it will work for you and if so we'll work something out. Ron

Mine is all sun bleached anyways so I really don't mind, it's just getting to be hassle when the lights randomly turn off at night and I'm not up to being milked by Ford for a new one. Drop me a line at kaiserkreb@hotmail.com and we can yak about details. Thanks Ron, and thanks Tony for also replying, I'll keep you in mind in case this one doesn't work, I'm basically just going for keeping the same year, as scientific as that sounds. lol

Back