Car meet on the 19th

speed95

If you read the thread about Pasadena car meet then you will know that there is a huge weekly car meet with many different cars out there. I am trying to get a group of Thunderbirds, Cougars, or anything that comes to these sites to meet up and cruise out to the car meet on the 19th of this month. Right now there will be 8 people that should be able to make it out there. The plan is to meet at Hooters on I-45 South and Nasa Road One around 6:30 to chat and grab a bite to eat then cruise out to the meet around 8 to get a good parking spot. If you are unable to make it to Hooters the car meet will be on the corner of Fairmont parkway and Beltway 8 in the Target parking lot. So get there early to get a good spot. Please reply so I can have a head count on who will be able to make it out. If you need more info or want to meet up earlier that day just pm or email me-Chris

well looks like we have 9 people so far that wants to meet up. not bad for the first houston meet for the year.

Appreciate your efforts Chris. I think 9 people would be a great start. Hopefully this meet will be a "snowball rolling downhill effect". I've been bummed I've had to work this weekend with all the great weather. I got off work last night at 10pm and would liked to have headed up that way from Galveston, but figured everybody would be cleared out by the time I got there.
Did anyone go out to the last night?

Also, has anyone expressed specifically they'll go to Hooters first? I plan on goin' there, but would be nice to know if anyone else has said there gonna meet there first.

I wish I had some more of the SCCoA business cards I used to have. Whenever I'd come across another SC, I'd stick one under their window wiper. I just saw another red SC, 93 I think, real close to my house a few nights ago at a golf driving range. Would liked to help spread the word. There's also a very nice burgandy 97 LX LE with xenon gfx in Texas City. Like to talk to that owner and see if he'd be interested.

So far this is the Line-up for the 19th:
  1. speed95
  2. a new guy from La Porte
  3. Big Mike
  4. Still Crusin
  5. Jazzycat
  6. Texasbird84
  7. 97MN-12
  8. Eskilobes
  9. Rziblske77
YOU GUYS ROCK

Uhmmm, don't think that I've seen a SCCoA business card... I've had ideas about developing a Texas business card which would cover both bases, SCCoA/TCCoA...

focus said:
Uhmmm, don't think that I've seen a SCCoA business card... I've had ideas about developing a Texas business card which would cover both bases, SCCoA/TCCoA...

I'm glad you brought that up. I meant to send u an e-mail on the matter. I think it would be great to have a business card representin' both clubs.
I'm not a card-carryin' member of TCCoA, but would contribute to cost of some cards.

As far as SCCoA cards, they did have some at one time. Mostly when Bill Evanoff was runnin' the show here. We used to get some when we renewed our membership. When I went to the first MN12 National Meet in OK a few yrs back, Bill brought a bunch of the cards and let me have a handful as I really like to have them as I explained in previous post.

So, you bought the 35th that Stephen used to have? If so, I've ridden in that car before.

Rziblske77, Big Mike, Texasbird84, a new guy from La Porte, and myself will be at hooters. Texasbird84, the guy from La Porte, and myself might meet somewhere in Pasadena and drive out to Hooters. At the meet lastnight it was Tommie(texasbird), (the new guy), and myself. We were there till midnight watching some people being stupid on bikes. It was a big turnout lastnight. Well Im hoping everybody read their emails and know when to show up. I know that there were 3 other people that was interested in meeting up and I will try to get in touch with them in a day or two. I would like to get some cards also. I have seen alot of T-birds around here and I was thinking about making some flyers and handing them out.

Last edited:
Still Crusin said:
I'm glad you brought that up. I meant to send u an e-mail on the matter. I think it would be great to have a business card representin' both clubs.
I'm not a card-carryin' member of TCCoA, but would contribute to cost of some cards.
I threw together some TxTCCoA cards on my computer awhile back... This combination idea just hit me, with a little playing around, I think it could workout to look pretty nice, and would probably be beneficial to us all.

Still Crusin said:
So, you bought the 35th that Stephen used to have? If so, I've ridden in that car before.
Yeah, it's mine now... It'll definitely gettup and GO!!! Unfortunately I got backed into this past week, doesn't affect it's drivability any, but kinda messed up the lines along the passenger side. :( Waiting to see what this guy's gonna do... but looks like I'll have to file an uninsured motorist claim for the $4200 worth of damage. I'm not too happy about it, but it would have made me feel worse if the body hadn't already sported some flaws...

focus said:
Yeah, it's mine now... It'll definitely gettup and GO!!! Unfortunately I got backed into this past week, doesn't affect it's drivability any, but kinda messed up the lines along the passenger side. :( Waiting to see what this guy's gonna do... but looks like I'll have to file an uninsured motorist claim for the $4200 worth of damage. I'm not too happy about it, but it would have made me feel worse if the body hadn't already sported some flaws...

Yeah Dave, I've been following your posts on what happened to you. Really sorry to hear it's been a real PITA. Hope you get satisfactory resolution out of this ordeal.

I almost forgot, not only had I ridden in your 35th before, but actually helped a little with replacing p/s pump a few yrs ago when we had a meet at Stephen's former locale. Also helped replace plug wires on it couple of yrs ago at meet over at FearThisSC(Calvin's) house. That's also where lesson was learned to use the keepers(?) / retainers for the plug wires as we almost got stuck in LA when a driverside wire insulation was burned through via exhaust manifold causing a short. Fortunately we hadn't gotten far before it happened and had help close by(thanks to Calvin). I didn't realize I had so much history with your car HA! Well, glad it staying in SCCoA / TCCoA community and best of luck with it. Maybe I'll get to see it again this year.

speed95 said:
Hope to see everybody make it out later tonight at Hooters.

Lookin' forward to it, hope the rain holds off, sounds like it should be warm at least. Need to go wash all the dust off the car. I plan to arrive about 6:30.

Back