New Exhaust..PICS as promissed...

Nice exhaust setup!! I want to build one just like it except for no resonator and cheaper mufflers. I'm working on putting together an FMIC kit that is very similar to the one on my car. I think the price will be VERY attractive. If your interested, I'll keep you informed of the progress.

Chris Walker said:
I understand that you have the long tubes. Since there is no cross section upstream you should weld a bung on one of the tubes for the 02. The only downside to that is the fact that you will only be monitor one port. But from what I understand, unless you have a problem with a single cylinder there is not much of a monitering difference.

I still wanna know your other mods.

Chris

I left the 02's where they were in the MAC headers. Everything is working flawlessly. I don't see the o2's as ever being a problem, since the kooks headers are actually further away than these are. The pass side is prob. 8" further from the stock location. I did weld a bung in the pipe before the resonator for my wideband sensor.

Anyways, mods aren't all that impressive:
73 MAF, ZR intake, 75mm TB, ported inlet, 95 blower (outlet ported), raised top, 5% pulley, IC fan, 42lb injectors, 255lph pump, kirban regulator, zex dry kit (65hp), this full exhaust and headers, head work, cam grind, eec tuner, wideband data logger so i can tune everything myself. Some chassis braces and all the polly mounts.

Best time last year was 12.7 @109....on the old 2-2.5-2.25 exhaust.

Hoping for a 12.2 this year with my new exhaust and my front mount kit which should be done before summer. Who knows, I may even break into 11's..... :)

That is really impressive power for that list. Im not sure about the gain from the 94-5 style outlet (how much it gives you) but you numbers look good. I will assume your privious statement about gettin jiggy with it at 55 was off of the squeeze? If so I need to get my @$$ in gear and make some exhaust. I really appriciate the time you put into this post.

Chris

Gotta love the Borlas. That sounds pretty nice. I know it's a V8, but when I swapped my 93 SC over to the 8, I put a true dual all the way to a set of Borlas. It's amazing how it almost has the same note that my V8 has.....

ALMOST.

I'll probably be swapping that system over to my 95 very soon. Just gotta get the headers worked out.

Again,,,,, real nice. I think it has the perfect sound.

Skip

Chris Walker said:
That is really impressive power for that list. Im not sure about the gain from the 94-5 style outlet (how much it gives you) but you numbers look good. I will assume your privious statement about gettin jiggy with it at 55 was off of the squeeze? If so I need to get my @$$ in gear and make some exhaust. I really appriciate the time you put into this post.

Chris

Getting jiggy with it at 55 the other day was NOT on the juice. The bottle hasn't been filled since november... :) Just really curious to see what it does WITH the bottle in the spring time.....

I looked but I cant find the plate seperately from the rest of the stuff. Did you buy it with a rebuild or can you get it seperately?

Chris

plate?? what are you talking about? I swapped from an early style blower 89-93........to a 95 style blower with the square inlet, and I then ported the outlet like the MP design.

It's not you, I had to turn up my speakers as well. Did you raise the levels on your computer too, or did you just turn up your externals?

Skip

The plate on the back of the blower is the major difference on the two (there are others). Supercoupe performance sells it.

My car also lopes like that. I think my grind is like a .444 on both but its like .5 somethin at the valve with the 1.73s. His sound a lot better then mine though. My exhaust is WAY restrictive and pushes through the gaskets the the y-pipe.

Chris

Chris Walker said:
The plate on the back of the blower is the major difference on the two (there are others). Supercoupe performance sells it.

My car also lopes like that. I think my grind is like a .444 on both but its like .5 somethin at the valve with the 1.73s. His sound a lot better then mine though. My exhaust is WAY restrictive and pushes through the gaskets the the y-pipe.

Chris
I think you got a few things confused Chris. What you see of the SCP site is the service that MP does. What they do is take you stock blower case(89-93) and the cut the whole rear section off. They then screw/glue the new backing plate to the blower, then rebuild the entire thing. This is what gets them the newer shape like the 94-95 styles. That backing plate is not for sale, but it shows how they transform your blower. Thats why the price is much higher. You send them a whole blower, and they will convert it, rebuild it, port the outlet, and send it back to you. Getting that backing plate wouldn't be as easy as just slapping it on there. There is a lot of maching and designing involved in that piece to install it.

Back to the cam, its rather small...has a 285 lobe lift with a 210/220 durration. Cam is good for now, but i'm sure i'm gunna need room to stretch my legs very soon....

Last edited:
That makes sence. I wasnt aware that it wasnt bolted on. I am going to upgrade and not sure what kind I am going to do. I would really like to go with the autorotor but I am not sure it is worth the money yet. the car needs other serious upgrades and replacement parts to keep it together before I look in to a new huffer.

Chris

Hey fast...I was wondering how your gas milage is on your car. I read that you already have a wide band, but do you have the programmer or someone who burns chips?

I also looked at those obx intercoolers. Does anyone have the dimentions of the magnapowers one? What are the inlet and outles sizes of them (both)?

Chirs

Last edited:
I have a wideband, but i do all my own tuning using an eec tuner. In my opinion, it does everything you need it to do and its cost effective. The SCT software is better, but I think the eec tuner is fine for my application. I've been just using it to trim out fuel curves and adjusting my transfer fuctions. I advanced the spark for a street file and retarded it about 3 degs globally for nitrous runs.

Not sure too much on those intercoolers. Ebay has a bunch of them in the $180 range. I like the large size of the unit, but I dont think it'll fit where i want to put it. They claim a .5 psi pressure drop at 15psi boost. I am looking to put the unit in front of the a/c condenser and leave the radiator where it is. because i'm heading this route, space is limited.

I never had been very good in the past at feading the stuff for tuning. I think a lot of that has changed since getting a car that needs it. I am constantly trying to get it tuned with just the hard parts or should I say fixing the bad hard parts.

On the intercooler deal, do they use the same size inlet and outlet that the mp one uses? Im sure it is comperable.

Chris

the inlets i'm looking at have 3" cores. However, 2.5" tubes would be plenty for this motor. They do offer cores as well for 2.5" inlet/outlets.

The MP unit uses 2.75 on the top tube, and 2.5" on the bottom.

In a few weeks i'll be heading home and pulling the front clip off, or just the front bumper to get some measurments for a core. Once i know what i can fit, I'll be making cardboard templetes of the tubing bends so i can see exactly what bends i need, and order the correct ones.

Back