Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Exhaust..PICS as promissed...

Oh now that is nice..Just curious..Why didnt you go for a two in two out resonator?
    What do Turbo Supercoupes and a certain someone have in common. They both go "BOOM!"
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

dont really have any reason. I didn;t want to struggle with fitting two pipes in there i guess.

I guess this thread is useless without a video clip. So here ya go. Oh, please excuse the horible quality, it was too big to host most places. Enjoy...

http://home.comcast.net/~fastsc92/exhaust2.mpg

nice cam. sounds really good on the outside.

I understand that you have the long tubes. Since there is no cross section upstream you should weld a bung on one of the tubes for the 02. The only downside to that is the fact that you will only be monitor one port. But from what I understand, unless you have a problem with a single cylinder there is not much of a monitering difference.

I still wanna know your other mods.

Chris

Very Sweet!!!

That is one nice looking exhaust!!!
    Anthony Arnold
    Home of "No Cash Racing!"

Silver 90 AOD 12.03 Shootout 2010

Black 92 AOD 12.77@109.5 10/12/07

Nice exhaust setup!! I want to build one just like it except for no resonator and cheaper mufflers. I'm working on putting together an FMIC kit that is very similar to the one on my car. I think the price will be VERY attractive. If your interested, I'll keep you informed of the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Walker
    I understand that you have the long tubes. Since there is no cross section upstream you should weld a bung on one of the tubes for the 02. The only downside to that is the fact that you will only be monitor one port. But from what I understand, unless you have a problem with a single cylinder there is not much of a monitering difference.

I still wanna know your other mods.

Chris
    I left the 02's where they were in the MAC headers. Everything is working flawlessly. I don't see the o2's as ever being a problem, since the kooks headers are actually further away than these are. The pass side is prob. 8" further from the stock location. I did weld a bung in the pipe before the resonator for my wideband sensor.

Anyways, mods aren't all that impressive:
    73 MAF, ZR intake, 75mm TB, ported inlet, 95 blower (outlet ported), raised top, 5% pulley, IC fan, 42lb injectors, 255lph pump, kirban regulator, zex dry kit (65hp), this full exhaust and headers, head work, cam grind, eec tuner, wideband data logger so i can tune everything myself. Some chassis braces and all the polly mounts.

Best time last year was 12.7 @109....on the old 2-2.5-2.25 exhaust.

Hoping for a 12.2 this year with my new exhaust and my front mount kit which should be done before summer. Who knows, I may even break into 11's.....

That is really impressive power for that list. Im not sure about the gain from the 94-5 style outlet (how much it gives you) but you numbers look good. I will assume your privious statement about gettin jiggy with it at 55 was off of the squeeze? If so I need to get my @$$ in gear and make some exhaust. I really appriciate the time you put into this post.

Chris

Gotta love the Borlas. That sounds pretty nice. I know it's a V8, but when I swapped my 93 SC over to the 8, I put a true dual all the way to a set of Borlas. It's amazing how it almost has the same note that my V8 has.....

ALMOST.

I'll probably be swapping that system over to my 95 very soon. Just gotta get the headers worked out.

Again,,,,, real nice. I think it has the perfect sound.

Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Walker
    That is really impressive power for that list. Im not sure about the gain from the 94-5 style outlet (how much it gives you) but you numbers look good. I will assume your privious statement about gettin jiggy with it at 55 was off of the squeeze? If so I need to get my @$$ in gear and make some exhaust. I really appriciate the time you put into this post.

Chris
    Getting jiggy with it at 55 the other day was NOT on the juice. The bottle hasn't been filled since november... Just really curious to see what it does WITH the bottle in the spring time.....

How much did you gain with the 94-5 backing plate?

Chris

not sure really...i gained about 5psi of boost

I looked but I cant find the plate seperately from the rest of the stuff. Did you buy it with a rebuild or can you get it seperately?

Chris

plate?? what are you talking about? I swapped from an early style blower 89-93........to a 95 style blower with the square inlet, and I then ported the outlet like the MP design.

wow...

i didnt know u can get a 3.8 to lobe like that with a cam what are the cam specs?