Dyno tuning day with Dave Dalke.

XR7 Dave said:
Ok guys, need to know who has deposits in or at least is serious about tuning.

As far as I know, Craig is out, now Steve, so that leaves:

Payton - EEC Tuner
Sean - EEC Tuner or chip?
Ryan - Maybe?
John -
Andrew - am I tuning this or are you? Not sure.

Just looking for an update.

David
John's in for a chip

Last edited:
XR7 Dave said:
Ok guys, need to know who has deposits in or at least is serious about tuning.

As far as I know, Craig is out, now Steve, so that leaves:

Payton - EEC Tuner
Sean - EEC Tuner or chip?
Ryan - Maybe?
John -
Andrew - am I tuning this or are you? Not sure.

Just looking for an update.

David
John's in for a chip(For Dave to supply)

Put me on the list

Andrew, I hereby officially decide to tune one car at least.
Most likely the 95 SC, using a Tuner.
Pete Roy

I'm still in for a chip. I also talked with Bruce today, he maybe in. He was saying he would know ny friday the 22nd of april.

Craig, I'll have your stuff back to in 2 weeks. Or do you need it sooner?

Just a reminder guys - if you need a chip supplied you need to let Dave know in advance so he knows how many (and what) to bring. Please take the time to discuss this with Dave sooner rather than later.

Looks good so far. Let's hope it stays this way.

I still dont know as of yet if I can get in on this, waiting to see about some financial expenses, I hope to know by the end of the month, if not this weekend, What would I be looking at for costs thou, I just want a single chip, and a tune if someone can just shoot me a cost aprox value so I know, and also if I can get in on this I wont be able to make it out to like 2 pm, what time does it start? I attend church to noon in hamilton every Sunday and would be coming out from there.

Bruce

Bruce, your questions are answered a few pages back. Sorry for the lack of organization, but I didn't start this thread and i'm not a Moderator, so there's only so much I can do about this (i'm not complaining, just stating the case). As far as timing, i'm hoping that things can start rolling about 9-10 a.m. I'm sure there would be plenty of time if you can come out - we can keep your spot towards the end.

ALL - something that has just been brought to my attention, along with Bruce's post, is that some people might have special requirements for a time. Please speak up about this a.s.a.p. Right now there's one member who might have 2 cars to run and a little boy with him and he'd like to go first. I'm VERY inclined to give him his wish. This really isn't very different from our normal practice with previous dyno events, however, we have Dave's time to consider also. Let's try to be as prepared as forseeably possible.

Alright so $425 will get me my single chip and tune? with a chance of getting some of that money forked out for the dyno time back?

Like I said if I have the money I'm in but I wont know till the 29th,

Bruce

Guys, just got back from FL from their tuning session. Looks like time is going to be a big factor. We had time for 5 cars (9-5 session) with a couple dyno issues and some un-cooperative cars. EEC Tuners take longer (almost double) due to the format of the software. Nothing I can do about that.

My suggestion is to run the SCT cars first due to their being faster to tune and then prioritize the rest by when they got their money in. Either that or just go by when the money was in. This is just a suggestion, you guys are the customers, I'll do whatever you need. I do plan on arriving Sat noonish at Sean's house. If anyone would like to get some preliminary tuning out of the way we can hook up there and sort out some basic issues ahead of time which will help save time on the dyno. Sean, have any back roads we can tear up? :D

Everyone, make sure you have pulled your EEC's and prepared for chipping. This means EEC dissasembly and contact cleaning, and EEC laying out on the floor. If you have an 89-90 processor, you will need to cut the chip window out about 1/4" with some tin snips. Basic tune-up stuff should be done ahead of time and FP set at 40psi if you have an adjustable FPR.

It will be fun, looking forward to this event.

David

Dave, I would like to take you up on the pre-tune the night before. If thats ok with Sean to have me stop by.

For my car I just want the sinlge switch chip. I also don't have any trouble with whatever time my car gets on the dyno, as long as it does. ;)

Could we have a meet at the HOOTERS out near Seans place? On the saturday night before? Might be a good time for some guys to meet with dave.

Ryan, having a Hamilton meet on that Saturday evening is a great idea. I'll talk to Andrew V. about it, we'll set something up.

And it turns out that I will be around that weekend myself after all. The school that I was to instruct at in PA, down the road from Duffy, was cancelled due to a shortfall in student entries. :(

cheers
Ed N.

I don't know where everyone lives, so I don't know who would be convenient to come down to Seans or someplace close by. Not trying to invite 50 people to Seans house for tuning! lol I said "Seans house" but it could be anywhere in the general area.

If we can get together in the afternoon where there is some space for the odd "thing" without disturbing neighbors that would be good. Maybe even a big parking lot would be good enough. I plan to be there about noon, so there is plenty of time to do things. I don't know if the dyno is open on Saturday, but we could even tune a couple people on Saturday if that's possible. I already have one off-the-dyno tune scheduled for Saturday anyhow.

Updated list:

Payton - EEC Tuner
Sean - EEC Tuner
Pete - EEC Tuner
Ryan - Chip
John - Chip
Andrew - Chip
Bruce - Chip
Craig - Tryin'....

David

Last edited:
David, the shop where we're running this at (DaSilva Racing) is generally very busy on Saturdays, so I don't think he would want us in there until Sunday. They are about an hour drive from Sean's place, depending on traffic crossing Toronto. DaSilva is located in the southeast end of Toronto.

cheers
Ed N.

Hutches

This might be a good time to do a meet at Hutches.I believe that it had a large parking lot,this might come in handy.Plus Hooter's has problems accomidating large groups with their table arrangements,just a thought.

Well I got back from the machinists last night and unfortunatly I think it is going to take a small miracle to make the 15th. I am still trying, but if someone wants my spot by all means I don't want to stop somebody else. Looks like maybe I'll be ready in time for Carslisle and if not a special trp down to Ohio if Dave will take me. What a pita. But I guess the motto is do it right the first tme or not at all, and the cliche go big or go home lol. This gives me time to get all the bushings in and some of the rust taken care of to. I would like to meet when Dave comes to town though

Have Fun
Craig

I think the Hutches idea sounds good and if there ends up being room then I think my Cougar could use a tune as it will be ready this weekend but T- bird deffinitly wont be. :D :D Thats if theres time!

Ok Sean is taken up on Saturday so I won't be at his house. I still need to tune some cars or at least work over some tuner files on Saturday though.

All,

I spoke to Alecia last week again about Dave staying at our place, and she reminded me that we have a family wedding out of town that Saturday. Her cousin from St. Williams is getting married out in Delhi, and we're supposed to be spending Saturday night in a hotel out that way. I completely forgot that it was on the 14th when we started talking about having the dyno day on the 15th.

Good news and bad news...

Good news is, if I can get the car done in time, I'd still like to travel back early Sunday morning to be able to participate. Bad news is, it means I won't be able to put Dave up for the night on Saturday, and that we won't be able to imprint a couple of rubber strips up and down my street. ;)

Realistically, it probably makes way more sense to have Dave centered out more near Toronto, since that's where the majority of you guys are, and the event is being held out east. Have any of you got any ideas on a substitute place for Dave to stay? I'm not meaning to impose on anyone, so does anyone know of a reasonably priced place that Dave could get a room, if no one is in a position to host him?

Apologies,

Sean

Back