Looking for a decent mechanic

Ira R.

Well, since East End SC is not currently taking on any work right now, does anyone have any suggestions where I can take my car??

I need to have some performance parts installed that I can't do, need the state inspection done, and I would really like to get it on a dyno, but that isn't as important as getting the work done to it first.

Even some of the things that can usually be done in the driveway I can't get to because of my schedule and the way the weather has been, so I am prepared to have to leave the car for a while if need be.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Ira

irar said:
Well, since East End SC is not currently taking on any work right now, does anyone have any suggestions where I can take my car??

I need to have some performance parts installed that I can't do, need the state inspection done, and I would really like to get it on a dyno, but that isn't as important as getting the work done to it first.

Even some of the things that can usually be done in the driveway I can't get to because of my schedule and the way the weather has been, so I am prepared to have to leave the car for a while if need be.

Any help or suggestions are welcome.

Ira
I have to speak with Dave tonight, he has a friend that just built his SC up over the past year. If you want, I can inquire if he is interested in some side work. What part of LI are you from exactly?

Paul

BT Motorsports said:
I have to speak with Dave tonight, he has a friend that just built his SC up over the past year. If you want, I can inquire if he is interested in some side work. What part of LI are you from exactly?

Paul

Call it southeastern Nassau County. Location doesn't mean much though, I can get anywhere on the island if the trip is worth it. It's not really that big a place.

..and thanks!

Ira

Last edited:
long island

i have a guy in west islip, but he tries to avoid performance stuff, he's great with our motors and doing repairs and such... what type of performance stuff where you planning?? you can PM me if you want to discuss it. my b/f also does work on these cars, so we might be able to hook you up either way..

SCchick89 said:
i have a guy in west islip, but he tries to avoid performance stuff, he's great with our motors and doing repairs and such... what type of performance stuff where you planning?? you can PM me if you want to discuss it. my b/f also does work on these cars, so we might be able to hook you up either way..

Is the guy in West Islip the one who rebuilt the engine in the pictures in your member screen? Looks like real good work!!

I have a new top to put on, a Throttle body to install, and I need to have the fresh air intake tube cut back some so the cone filter and cold air intake fit again.

Not really anything heavy duty here, but like I said, I can't do it, so I'm looking for a place to bring it.

Ira

Dood that could be done at a meet.. Sheet if you had a new blower we could swap it out in 15 minutes..

KwikGSeX said:
Dood that could be done at a meet.. Sheet if you had a new blower we could swap it out in 15 minutes..

Ahhh, there's the rub. I work weekends, pretty long hours too, and getting one off is far from easy. I can, however, take a day off during the week, Monday being the easiest day to get, to bring the car somewhere.

Ira

I dont mean to hijack or anything, but i dont wanna post another thread with the same title.

i got a 92 sc, needs the head gaskets done, i was going to go to Terryville in Port Jeff but one of the guys there said the one who would work on my car is rarely in anymore. Last time I got my Head gaskets done on my other 92 it was in PA and they messed something up cause it never drove the same, and theres like a vacuum host not plugged in just suckign air in. So since i dont want to have problems after paying for the gasket done, im looking here for someone, or knows someone on LI, the car is currently in Syosset in front of my house.

thanks
-D

fasttbird12 said:
i can put those parts on your car and i can also do head gaskets i dont give out waranty's though
What's up Jay? You were the person I mentioned above.
I haven't spoken to Dave in a while, how did that latest file work out for you?

Paul

nothin much how you doin. tell you the truth i havent talked to in a while. i dident even know you sent the tune to him i will c if i can get a hold of him, i know he has been really busy

fasttbird12 said:
nothin much how you doin. tell you the truth i havent talked to in a while. i dident even know you sent the tune to him i will c if i can get a hold of him, i know he has been really busy
Not to bad, workin my @$$ off thats about it. After you get in touch with Dave, give me a call and we can fine tune from there.

Paul

Back