Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LETS see how many SC we GOT here

Quote Originally Posted by Max__Power
    It's no less illegal to expell R-134 into the atmosphere then it is for R-12. Also, if done properly an R-134 retrofit will be just as cold as it was on R-12. Did you change the compressor oil?
    Yup, oil is changed.. and R134 is ISO-Butane and propane, not harmful to atmosphere... there is a site that even shows how to do it... go figure.. lol
    mixture and all for r-12a hummm... maybe that is for the r-12a mixture... but it's colder than before.. lol...

Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Grantster
    Yup, oil is changed.. and R134 is ISO-Butane and propane, not harmful to atmosphere... there is a site that even shows how to do it... go figure.. lol
    mixture and all for r-12a hummm... maybe that is for the r-12a mixture... but it's colder than before.. lol...

Grant
    R-134 or HFC-134 is Tetrafluoroethane. Isobutane and propane mixtures are a cheap and in many peoples opinion, dangerous substitute for R-134. R-134 while much safer for ozone depletion, still has regulations under M.O.P.I.A for recovery and disposal. R-134 doesn't have the same cooling potential as R-12, but if your condensor isn't clogged, and your compressor isn't weak, the difference is negligible.

R-134 or HFC-134 is Tetrafluoroethane. Isobutane and propane mixtures are a cheap and in many peoples opinion, dangerous substitute for R-134. R-134 while much safer for ozone depletion, still has regulations under M.O.P.I.A for recovery and disposal. R-134 doesn't have the same cooling potential as R-12, but if your condensor isn't clogged, and your compressor isn't weak, the difference is negligible.
    Huh... sounds like I should have brought my car to you... lol... well, you sure look like you know what your talking about, and I sure don't I just started to try and understand A/C properties. To tell you the truth, I could have brought the car to my Brother-in-law, but it wouldn't be done by winter, by the time I got it charged I'd just have to oen the windows.. lol.. good guy but Very Busy... also works for a A/C company in town and leaves town alot. anyways, nuff said... But I will keep you in mnd for the next A/C question

Thanks Max_Power
    Grant

Hay.. one last thing, where can I get a UV light so I can look for leaks??
    Last edited by Grantster; 06-02-2005 at 01:49 AM.

One last thing who owns the Black SC that I seen at Buffalo Bills last Sunday?

One last thing who owns the Black SC that I seen at Buffalo Bills last Sunday?
    was it parked in the lot or just driving by? I just drove by once to have a look , I didn't want to park my car and walk around so i went for a cruise. Been a long time since i cruised portage for some action and i think i know why! the traffic is terrible and there are spectators!!!! ~~~!!

Hay.. one last thing, where can I get a UV light so I can look for leaks??
    Try Napa on Ellice.

Try Napa on Ellice.
    Thanks..

Yup, the SC was parked, in front of the lobby part.

Busy on portage.. lol... that's what it is all about... I just park the car across from Tim Hortons on portage and watch the rice rockets go by... seen a really nice caddy, low 70's, white 2 door... ~nice~ then off to part source for 1/2 an hour... then to tims on main st... then depends on the mood, time, maybe go for another fast cruise... but i leave BB's at 9:00 so it takes a full evening... no racing on portage thou.. too many cop cars

Grant

PS, I'll most likely be parked inside this time, last week I didn't have time to clean the car
    Last edited by Grantster; 06-04-2005 at 12:06 AM.