Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: LETS see how many SC we GOT here

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg MB, Canada
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Max__Power
    It's no less illegal to expell R-134 into the atmosphere then it is for R-12. Also, if done properly an R-134 retrofit will be just as cold as it was on R-12. Did you change the compressor oil?
    Yup, oil is changed.. and R134 is ISO-Butane and propane, not harmful to atmosphere... there is a site that even shows how to do it... go figure.. lol
    mixture and all for r-12a hummm... maybe that is for the r-12a mixture... but it's colder than before.. lol...

    Grant

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantster
    Yup, oil is changed.. and R134 is ISO-Butane and propane, not harmful to atmosphere... there is a site that even shows how to do it... go figure.. lol
    mixture and all for r-12a hummm... maybe that is for the r-12a mixture... but it's colder than before.. lol...

    Grant
    R-134 or HFC-134 is Tetrafluoroethane. Isobutane and propane mixtures are a cheap and in many peoples opinion, dangerous substitute for R-134. R-134 while much safer for ozone depletion, still has regulations under M.O.P.I.A for recovery and disposal. R-134 doesn't have the same cooling potential as R-12, but if your condensor isn't clogged, and your compressor isn't weak, the difference is negligible.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg MB, Canada
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Max__Power
    R-134 or HFC-134 is Tetrafluoroethane. Isobutane and propane mixtures are a cheap and in many peoples opinion, dangerous substitute for R-134. R-134 while much safer for ozone depletion, still has regulations under M.O.P.I.A for recovery and disposal. R-134 doesn't have the same cooling potential as R-12, but if your condensor isn't clogged, and your compressor isn't weak, the difference is negligible.
    Huh... sounds like I should have brought my car to you... lol... well, you sure look like you know what your talking about, and I sure don't I just started to try and understand A/C properties. To tell you the truth, I could have brought the car to my Brother-in-law, but it wouldn't be done by winter, by the time I got it charged I'd just have to oen the windows.. lol.. good guy but Very Busy... also works for a A/C company in town and leaves town alot. anyways, nuff said... But I will keep you in mnd for the next A/C question

    Thanks Max_Power
    Grant

    Hay.. one last thing, where can I get a UV light so I can look for leaks??
    Last edited by Grantster; 06-02-2005 at 01:49 AM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg MB, Canada
    Posts
    91
    One last thing who owns the Black SC that I seen at Buffalo Bills last Sunday?

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Fort Saskatchewan,Alberta
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantster
    One last thing who owns the Black SC that I seen at Buffalo Bills last Sunday?
    was it parked in the lot or just driving by? I just drove by once to have a look , I didn't want to park my car and walk around so i went for a cruise. Been a long time since i cruised portage for some action and i think i know why! the traffic is terrible and there are spectators!!!! ~~~!!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantster
    Hay.. one last thing, where can I get a UV light so I can look for leaks??
    Try Napa on Ellice.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Winnipeg MB, Canada
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Max__Power
    Try Napa on Ellice.
    Thanks..

    Yup, the SC was parked, in front of the lobby part.

    Busy on portage.. lol... that's what it is all about... I just park the car across from Tim Hortons on portage and watch the rice rockets go by... seen a really nice caddy, low 70's, white 2 door... ~nice~ then off to part source for 1/2 an hour... then to tims on main st... then depends on the mood, time, maybe go for another fast cruise... but i leave BB's at 9:00 so it takes a full evening... no racing on portage thou.. too many cop cars

    Grant

    PS, I'll most likely be parked inside this time, last week I didn't have time to clean the car
    Last edited by Grantster; 06-04-2005 at 12:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •