LETS see how many SC we GOT here

Hey Max_Power,

Check your cats, one of mine cloged up on me, just got a pipe cut in (to expensive to put new ones in, plus I like the extra noise ;) ) and this Bird never idled so smooth before...

Grant

hey grantster :p
u drove right by my house and iw as with my car standing there and u didnt say hi :( lol just bugging ya man :p

Sorry about that, so used to driving there and the bird not, Humm, got to look closer.. :D

this has been a busy week, cleaned up the car, under the hood and all, just to look good at Buffalo Bills... I raced the Monte that night and we were even (even though he says he was beating me in the begining, :rolleyes: he was the start signal, of course he pulled away at first :rolleyes: ) but when 80Kph came around I started to walk away. At 140Kph I was a car length in front :D . I could tell he wasn't to impressed that a ford beat him, let alone a V6.. lol.. I've seen him walk away from a Chev 350, have to hunt me down a large small block... come here little camaro :rolleyes:

Where you guys out last sunday?? I've never seen so many ghost cars and police cars, must have paid out alot of OT that night :eek: . But I do know that there wasn't anyone they didn't give a ticket for. In otherwords, lots of paperwork for them.. lol... I even seen the flat beds out in full force, must have seen 6 rice rockets being hauled away. :cool: won't be seeing them for a month for racing... I wish they would buy a muffler for those things... :D

Ok, that's it... L8R

Grant

Troubles already?

hey guys, i was driving today and ever since i got my new coupe, there has been some vibrations that come and go everyonce and while, i was wondering if anyone new what that is or if it is a problem, second i was driving today and my car stalled out twice, both times the check engine lights came on, and then went off and the car was fine, but then a few moments later the accelerator would not work , and the steering wheel seized and i could not turn it, it would start after a few minutes again, i am kinda worried as it is my first car, and just got it, any ideas?

Try posting in the technical forum, with some more detailed information.

crusader40 said:
hey guys, i was driving today and ever since i got my new coupe, there has been some vibrations that come and go everyonce and while, i was wondering if anyone new what that is or if it is a problem, second i was driving today and my car stalled out twice, both times the check engine lights came on, and then went off and the car was fine, but then a few moments later the accelerator would not work , and the steering wheel seized and i could not turn it, it would start after a few minutes again, i am kinda worried as it is my first car, and just got it, any ideas?

crusader40 said:

It's broken, better give it to me :D

Just jokin... sort of... ;) OK, first thing, Check Engine Light, that means that it regestored a error, thats a good thing. now you need a code reader, I have one but didn't use it too often, just goofen off with it. I have the codes also, copy from hanyes and service manual for a 92, shouldn't be too different. next, when the steering fails, does it seem to stall? did you check fluid levels? is your car running hot? is the belt tight? does the air work and if not, is it plugged in? what part of town do you live in, maybe I could talk to you in person... since we have met already, it's time to get the T-Bird gang together... anyways, I'll pm this too

Grant

Hot air

welll, the problem has only been in the last two days, and both days the car has sat outside for 8 hours in the heat while i was in school, so i am not sure if thats what it is, the problem only seems to come when i give it a lot of gas, but it did not stall today or anything, just a bit of starting trouble, but after about the 5th time of trying to start it it started fine and was good the whole 45 min drive home, i live in East St Paul on henderson, so if the problem persists i would definetly be grateful to meet again

cool.. :cool: I live in EK, down the street that has the KFC at the corner... and I'm a happy camper today.. just changed the A/C compressor, vac the line and charged it, and I have air again.... not that I had it when I bought the car.. lol.. the only part that sucked is the price tag - $153.00 - and the fact that I got sprayed with r134a freon :eek: not as cold as i'd like, but 134 isn't that cold in the first place... have to get a can of r12a... :rolleyes: won't tell from where though... bad cfc's... lol....

L8R
Grant

One last thing... reset yor computer (remove the NEG) and if it happens again, then the memory is fresh

Last edited:
One last thing!!! Murdoch McKay has a Show and Shine type of thing... I'll be there after 7:00pm... date is June 2 (Thursday) maybe we'll see ya there??

Grant

Grantster said:
cool.. :cool: I live in EK, down the street that has the KFC at the corner... and I'm a happy camper today.. just changed the A/C compressor, vac the line and charged it, and I have air again.... not that I had it when I bought the car.. lol.. the only part that sucked is the price tag - $153.00 - and the fact that I got sprayed with r134a freon :eek: not as cold as i'd like, but 134 isn't that cold in the first place... have to get a can of r12a... :rolleyes: won't tell from where though... bad cfc's... lol....

L8R
Grant

It's no less illegal to expell R-134 into the atmosphere then it is for R-12. Also, if done properly an R-134 retrofit will be just as cold as it was on R-12. Did you change the compressor oil?

Max__Power said:
It's no less illegal to expell R-134 into the atmosphere then it is for R-12. Also, if done properly an R-134 retrofit will be just as cold as it was on R-12. Did you change the compressor oil?

Yup, oil is changed.. and R134 is ISO-Butane and propane, not harmful to atmosphere... there is a site that even shows how to do it... go figure.. lol
mixture and all for r-12a hummm... maybe that is for the r-12a mixture... :confused: but it's colder than before.. lol...

Grant

Grantster said:
Yup, oil is changed.. and R134 is ISO-Butane and propane, not harmful to atmosphere... there is a site that even shows how to do it... go figure.. lol
mixture and all for r-12a hummm... maybe that is for the r-12a mixture... :confused: but it's colder than before.. lol...

Grant

R-134 or HFC-134 is Tetrafluoroethane. Isobutane and propane mixtures are a cheap and in many peoples opinion, dangerous substitute for R-134. R-134 while much safer for ozone depletion, still has regulations under M.O.P.I.A for recovery and disposal. R-134 doesn't have the same cooling potential as R-12, but if your condensor isn't clogged, and your compressor isn't weak, the difference is negligible.

Max__Power said:
R-134 or HFC-134 is Tetrafluoroethane. Isobutane and propane mixtures are a cheap and in many peoples opinion, dangerous substitute for R-134. R-134 while much safer for ozone depletion, still has regulations under M.O.P.I.A for recovery and disposal. R-134 doesn't have the same cooling potential as R-12, but if your condensor isn't clogged, and your compressor isn't weak, the difference is negligible.

Huh... sounds like I should have brought my car to you... lol... :D well, you sure look like you know what your talking about, and I sure don't :eek: I just started to try and understand A/C properties. To tell you the truth, I could have brought the car to my Brother-in-law, but it wouldn't be done by winter, by the time I got it charged I'd just have to oen the windows.. lol.. good guy but Very Busy... also works for a A/C company in town and leaves town alot. anyways, nuff said... But I will keep you in mnd for the next A/C question ;)

Thanks Max_Power
Grant

Hay.. one last thing, where can I get a UV light so I can look for leaks??

Last edited:
Grantster said:
One last thing who owns the Black SC that I seen at Buffalo Bills last Sunday?
was it parked in the lot or just driving by? I just drove by once to have a look , I didn't want to park my car and walk around so i went for a cruise. Been a long time since i cruised portage for some action and i think i know why! the traffic is terrible and there are spectators!!!! WTF!!

Max__Power said:
Try Napa on Ellice.

Thanks..

Yup, the SC was parked, in front of the lobby part.

Busy on portage.. lol... that's what it is all about... I just park the car across from Tim Hortons on portage and watch the rice rockets go by... seen a really nice caddy, low 70's, white 2 door... ~nice~ then off to part source for 1/2 an hour... then to tims on main st... then depends on the mood, time, maybe go for another fast cruise... but i leave BB's at 9:00 so it takes a full evening... no racing on portage thou.. too many cop cars :eek:

Grant

PS, I'll most likely be parked inside this time, last week I didn't have time to clean the car

Last edited:
Back