~~Need Help! Clutch Pedal!!!~~

ben04

my clutch pedal likes to come undone slightly because of a cap that broke off hte end of the pin like metal piece that goes through it. yah i took some pics cuz i have no idea what im talking about.

any idea what goes in place of it? i found a black plastic cap but i dont know if thats the piece that held it in place.

Attachments

• BrokenShitExplanation1.2.JPG
    BrokenShitExplanation1.2.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:

Attachments

• BrokenShitExplanation1.3.JPG
    BrokenShitExplanation1.3.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 332
  • BrokenShitExplanation1.4.JPG
    BrokenShitExplanation1.4.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 232
Go to your Ford Dealer and purchase E7SZ-7A581-A Retainer. It pushes through the clutch pedal pushrod and then snaps onto the clutch pedal arm. Your bushing wore out and broke. From your picture the pedal arm is not worn out like mine was.

I have also read where Autozone or other parts places have them in the help section.

The bushing is a easy fix. Should take you just a minute to put a new one in.

wezar said:
Go to your Ford Dealer and purchase E7SZ-7A581-A Retainer. It pushes through the clutch pedal pushrod and then snaps onto the clutch pedal arm. Your bushing wore out and broke. From your picture the pedal arm is not worn out like mine was.

I have also read where Autozone or other parts places have them in the help section.

The bushing is a easy fix. Should take you just a minute to put a new one in.

thats awesome man! haha less than a minute reply i love it. went to lordco here (equivalant of autozone etc) and they said tehyve never seen it before. sold me a C clip for 65 cents that i lost already cuz its so damn small. thanks again im gonna go try that out now :D

this is what i found after the first time i noticed the problem and heard a CRACK

Attachments

• P1010136.JPG
    P1010136.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 262
The clip i mentioned is for the clutch pedal pushrod. I notice in your other picture that the other pushrod came off for the neutral switch? It pushes back on and then it has a wire spring clip that holds it but a small c clip might work. Does your pedal have a lot of side play?

wezar said:
The clip i mentioned is for the clutch pedal pushrod. I notice in your other picture that the other pushrod came off for the neutral switch? It pushes back on and then it has a wire spring clip that holds it but a small c clip might work. Does your pedal have a lot of side play?

yeah i can wiggle it a bit but not much, same as my brake pedal. not sure what pedalpushrod your talking about really, but my problem mainly lies in the circled part where the end is left open adn nothing is there to hold it from coming apart. hard to explain i appologize.

http://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=searchCatalogOEM&siteid=318

is this a good deal on the part your talking about? and is this a good site to deal with in your opinion?

I have not dealt with that site. I just bought it from the dealor but I paid over 8 bucks for it. so it is a good price depending on shipping.
This part goes on the clutch pedal pushrod. On the right side of the clutch pedal arm.

On the left side is the pushrod for the interlock switch.

wezar said:
I have not dealt with that site. I just bought it from the dealor but I paid over 8 bucks for it. so it is a good price depending on shipping.
This part goes on the clutch pedal pushrod. On the right side of the clutch pedal arm.

On the left side is the pushrod for the interlock switch.

does it go onto this circled area?? if so then thats what i need.

Attachments

• BrokenShitExplanation2.JPG
    BrokenShitExplanation2.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 238
Yes it does. You push it through the clutch pedal pushrod and then it snaps onto the clutch pedal arm.

wezar said:
Yes it does. You push it through the clutch pedal pushrod and then it snaps onto the clutch pedal arm.

cool i appreciate your help. so earlier in this thread, the black cap plastic thing i took a picture of on my seat, is that it? or is that osme other piece that broke off something else? in any event im going to order that piece now. thanks again man.

Heres a few pictures of my spare parts. My spare pedal arm is in good shape but it needs to be on the wire wheel to clean the rust off.

Attachments

• IMG_0416.jpg
    IMG_0416.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0419.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 260
wezar said:
Heres a few pictures of my spare parts. My spare pedal arm is in good shape but it needs to be on the wire wheel to clean the rust off.

thats awesome man! i coudln't figure out how that lil plastic cap held in there, but now i see you have to snap it in to one then put it onto the other. :cool: once again excuse my lame termanology. im for sure what hte problem is now :D

If you dont know already. You have a great source in Vancouver for help. Jerome (vancouverBC) is a great guy and knows sooooo much about these cars.

Good luck with your Hot Rod.

I was looking at this thread and decided to ask a question related to my clutch pedal. When the pedal is out (clutch engauged) there is a bit of movement of the pedal. I haven't looked, but I thought that the bushing on the pushrod might be worn. The question is this...That plastic cap shown in the pictures, does it act as a bushing on the stud? If so, that's probably what is wrong with my pedal...the plastic piece is worn. Is there any other condition that might cause this or is the plastic clip the culprit?

Its probably the bushing. Easy to change and cheap insurance to protect the metal parts that ride on it.

wezar: thanks for the help man i really appreciate it! part came in this morning, put it on, after 3 mins of cussing and other weird things my body just did due to frustration, i think i finally got it. at first it snapped on the clutch rod arm that goes throguh the firewall, but didn't go on the other side. pushed the clutch and it came off. then i got really mad and held both pieces together and squished them as hard as i could, it make a click, and now its pretty solid. clutch actually feels more solid, less excess movement if you will. anyway, hope it all works out fine from here on in. thanks again wezar

Back