Wondering about the cowl hoods

mint91sc

I was wondering how many people have bought cowl hoods for there sc's and had a problem with them, I have read that some posts that poeple had a hard time unlatching them after they were on and my dad is a body machanic and told me to ask on here how well they lined up with the body..trying to get some info before i buy one and decide i dont like it

mint91sc said:
I was wondering how many people have bought cowl hoods for there sc's and had a problem with them, I have read that some posts that poeple had a hard time unlatching them after they were on and my dad is a body machanic and told me to ask on here how well they lined up with the body..trying to get some info before i buy one and decide i dont like it

I just recently bought a Cobra R cowl hood, and was pleasantly surprised how well it lined up, although I have heard some horror stories. I had to pull the driver's side fender in a good bit and shim the driver's hinge, but otherwise it fit very well. I didn't retain the stock latch...I just used pins, but the previous owner had a new latch made onto the hood. It seemed to be about an inch below the latch in the hood.

I have a AGE CLASSIC Cobra R hood.I like the hood.
but the pins molded into the hood that the shocks
connect to,to hold the hood up.broke on the very
first use.

The browls above the headlights on the hood.Had
been ground down to far and left a 1'' gap between
the hood and headlight.I have had to build this gap
up with fiberglass to make it smaller.The largest gap
being on the drivers side.

The hood will not line-up in the back of the hood,
around the hinge area.I had to remove fiberglass in
this are.

The hood has to much glass in the back.And they
cut to much glass off the front of the hood.

The hood is very heavy in weight.But it is well built.

I would not recommend anyone to buy a AGE CLASSIC
Cobra R hood unless they have bodyshop skills or
another $1000.00++ extra after the purchase price
to have the hood installed and painted,by a pro.

Thanks Randy

Attachments

• hood384.jpg
    hood384.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 101
  • side382.jpg
    side382.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 108
Ahhh, Randy, a man after my own heart.

Nice barn, nitro trucks, RC planes, spare engines....Hmmm, couldn't make out if it was a Speed air, or ROl-air compressor or not....either one is good.

Is that a Bridgeport I see stuffed away in the corner??? I love check'in other's peoples stuff out.

Kinda reminds me of my own shop.

LOL!

SKip

Back