Stock RWHP on SC?

To start with....

There are four possible answers (engine and transmission combos), and that's not including varibles like:

Temperature
Humidity
Altitiude
TC lock/unlocked
engine condition
transmission condition

Just go dyno your car. It's usually less than $100 for three pulls which will all confirm each other.

an 89 5-speed...about 178rwhp and 268rwtq

Assuming you are talking about an 89 with a 5 speed.

210 HP with 15% drive train loss = 179 RWHP

Even with the SAE corrections for elevation and temp, every dyno reads a little different.

David

thanks those will do

Thanks those will do fine, i was just looking for an estimate, i appreciate your replies..

No....

the 4r70w is very good for an auto tranny, it's more like 16% to 18%.

However, pastera is correct for an AOD.

Thanks

Thanks GreenBird. 93, is your 94 completely stock. Bill Evanoff said I should be at about 285HP at the engine with my upgrades.

Chris

mine is completley stock besides the chip.

Looks like you basically have exhaust, underdrive pulleys, 5%OD, and an intake kit. I don't know if that is worth a whole 40HP or not, I'd guess that you might fall a little short of that.

The only real way to tell is get on the dyno. Drive down to St. Louis next weekend and we are having a dyno tune. You can get a custom chip and dyno sheets for $350, and it should be worth some nice HP.

Brian

SC Chip

Have you had problems caused by your chip?Their have been some pretty extensive info passed around discussing how chips are ineffective on SC's. Their was also an article on the subject in an old Chargin Thinder newsletter.

Thanks,

Chris

nah, not ones made by inject_tech, they work beautifully. The only issues that could happen is if you don't clean the service port before you install the chip you can have intermittant problems.

My chip improves shift firmess, changes fan temperature controls, changes shift points, rev limiters, and a bunch of other stuff. There are a few others using the same chip that seem to like it.

93 Mark VIII is right on about the inject_tech chip. I have one in my 94 4R70W equipped SC and it does evrything stated and then some. My 94 never leaves home without it :D

I've got one in my car too and it seems to be working great. I got it several months ago during the last Jerry dyno tune session that Brian organized in St. Louis.

The chip is custom programed burned and installed on the spot. I wasn't even planning to buy a chip until I saw the HP and TQ increases he was getting on the other cars.

David

Back