Votes: 44 41.1%
  • 94-95 SC Auto

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • 94-95 SC 5-speed

Votes: 7 6.5%

• Total voters

Still Crusin

If Head Gasket Blew, Request Year of Your SC and Type of Tranny

Trying to determine if any correlation exists for head gasket failure and yr and tranny type of the SC. I looked through some of the other hg polls, but didn't see anything that mentioned which tranny the car had. I'd like to know more by specific yr, but didn't have enough options in the poll. Please give specific yr in a reply. If you swapped tranny's from what the car had stock then do not reply. However, if you changed hg's and did a tranny swap and the hg's blew again indicate based on what tranny was in the car.
I'm primarily interested in cars that are relatively stock or only mildly modded.
I'll be looking at ratio's of nr of cars produced for given yr to the nr of auto's and 5-speeds produced for same yr.
Thanks

Last edited:
Don't forget to adjust your figures for production number differences between AODs and manuals.

In terms of the 5spd tranny, the 94/95 has a longer first gear so you don't have to shift before the 60ft. to lose time. First gear is too short in the early model trannies.

lightly modded with a 5% pulley, mustang headers, K&N, raised top, bigger throttle body, bigger mass air, bigger injectors, drove it hard with stock rear gears and a stick shift, i almost think the gears are some of the cause. i had a really awesome exhaust so it wasn't backpressure, but jammin on the throttle at low rpm causes masses of cylinder pressure even in a low compression N/A engine, let alone a supercharged one!

EDIT: oh, yeah, its a '91

Back