'89 Black on Black leather 5spd XR7 - Spun Bearing Easter Pa

getblown

$600.00 I really need to get rid fo this car. $400.00 minus some goodies.....

1989 XR7 - Black on Black Leather 5spd.
As much as i would like to keep this car because I love it, if i can get the money for it, ill sell it. The body has 138k on it but im sure its not the first motor becasue i replaced it after i got with a spun bearing. I replaced the motor and drove it for about 7 months with a used motor and the head gaskets went. While the headgaskets were being replaced, i decided to do the timing cover gakset since it was leaking. Took everything apart and was super carefull in cleaning out the oil pump area, but to no avail. The car was put back together and 50miles later, boom. The oil pump was blocked and with no oilpressure the bearing went. So now its sitting in my driveway not moving (right behind my SC, which doesnt move :eek: )

89 Black on black leather 5spd XR7
Good:
Completely Black EVERYTHING! By that i mean that... Paint, grill, Leather int. Black 7spoke XR7 wheels. The car is a mean mug cruising at night. Completely black int. guages, guage surrounding. EVERYTHING!
-Body is in great shape. The previous owners (im the 8th) has swiped a guard rail and had to have the body redone on the drivers side.
-Along with the body work, the paint is also great. Shines up like its brand new.
-Headlights are nice along with the clear Corners.
-Headgaskets are fresh to the block if it means anything although i hear you can't take the pistons out the bottome of the block. Havent tried yet but ill get back to you on that after i try it on a spare blown motor in my garage.
There are many more good things with this car but those are the most prominant ones that stand out at the moment.

Bad:
-Spun Bearing, it not only knocks, it squeaks :rolleyes:
-Door hinges? I dont think there are hinges sometimes. Lots of Door Play.
-Rear Window Leaks a tiny bit due to shrunken seal
-Trans, Slave cylinder is shot. Broken 3/4 shift fork and no synchros left in gears 1st 2nd or 5th, nor Reverse. I have the other parts to fix the trans so has all of the gears. I have a new slave cylinder as well.
-Front leather has seen better days but the Rear fold down is copmletely IMMACULATE! No fading or anything.

Im at a loss for things to say at the moment regarding the car because its kind of agrivating to do the headgaskets only to have it blow up... grrr :mad:

Anyways, if i can't find somebody whos willing to give me decent money for the car for what it is, i will part it out because i have parts lined up to easily get my moneys worth. I would sooooo much rather keep it as a whole car though. IM looking to get $1000 OBO.
Any questions, PM me on here, reply here or catch me in AIM "numntz1" and we'll talk.

Pictures as per request. If you need Any others, let me know

Despite what picture are shown, the car has had a black leather int. transplant and there are clear corners on the car as well

aPicture%20032.jpg

Rear.jpg

Drivers%20side.jpg

Cougar%20tire%20and%20badging.jpg

Left%20side.jpg

jOe

p.s. im brain dead after typing for this long so if i forgot anything just ask.

Last edited:
super89 said:
that is a bit much for all the work someone would have to do to it an mony to fix all that.

If somebody was really interested in just the Body alone, THAT is worth 1200 becuase of how nice it is. Ill get pics up soon.

jOe

hey its tim with the dyno

I just got my 93 supercoupe going i put a ford reman motor in it and had bkb in Zionsville s port my blower wow this car runs especially since i tuned it with my sct softwear. Thats generally why these things blow head gaskets is a lean tune. When you coming by with your supercoupe.

twoblownfords said:
I just got my 93 supercoupe going i put a ford reman motor in it and had bkb in Zionsville s port my blower wow this car runs especially since i tuned it with my sct softwear. Thats generally why these things blow head gaskets is a lean tune. When you coming by with your supercoupe.

:rolleyes: When i get it running, I definitly want to come up some time this summer after i get my exhaust and cam situated. Im dropping a jaspar reman in my SC. What did you pay for your motor from ford?

jOe

PS - $900 ON THE XR7... ITS GOTTA GO... $500 LOWERED IN 5DAYS... ITS GOTTA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any specific pictures?
Despite what picture are shown, the car has had a black leather int. transplant and there are clear corners on the car as well

aPicture%20032.jpg

Rear.jpg

Drivers%20side.jpg

Cougar%20tire%20and%20badging.jpg

Left%20side.jpg

jOe

Rick, the only things that i would take off would be the SC, int.cooler and rear seat. I garuntee we can work something out. please let me know. ITS GOTTA GO.

jOe

I wish I had the room right now... Let me know if you part anything also. After July 1st, I will have the room.

Last edited:
If you part it, or someone purchases it to part with it, I would like to buy the following or go in on the car with someone if this we're to happen.

Looking for the hood with grille.
Pass fender
Pass door
Wiper cowl
Deck lid

The above parts I have to exchange to keep the car complete. My hood has cracking paint, my deck lid is fading and my fender and door have a small dent.

If someone wants to go half on the car, I would be willing to put up $200. I just have 4 cars now and no room. :(

Do you still have the car complete? or have you begun to part out? What color interior? If complete what is the absolute cash price?

Back