Latest SAGA in Turbo world...

I may as well share the latest information with you guys. :rolleyes:

Since the deadline finally arrived I checked with "Jimmy" from HP Performance. Remember the last time I contacted that bunch I made it clear that if the car was not going to be FINISHED by the end of March to just push it to the side and I would arrive to get the car and my money back. That was at the beginning of March.

Well now I contacted "Jimmy" a few days ago and he explained to me that the kit for the car was actually finished, but he needs about five extra weeks to finish the car! :eek:
Jimmy has asked for five weeks to install the kit, dyno the kit, and street test the kit.

On top of everything else Jimmy explained to me that they went to push my car and the brakes were locked up. I explained to him that it is likely because the car has sat for a YEAR! He claims that the car arrived to HP Performance like that. :rolleyes: Anyways, I talked to XR7 Dave who explained to me that disc brakes do that sometimes after sitting that long.

So, to make a long story even longer: It looks like another five weeks, years, or who the hell knows! :mad:

actually it's going take 17 years (when the locusts come back again). by that time all cars will be electric and running 8's. :rolleyes:

keep your head up man- it will work out. cuz we are... THE INNOVATORS OF SC CREATIVITY.... (hear the echo- power extreme)... well some of us. :D just trying to cheer you up.

Last edited:
OH MAN THAT SUCKS, :mad: I have been watching this hopeing for you that this would be done on time and correct. Now you gotta wonder if other things have gone wrong just from sitting. Every time one of my cars sits like over the winter some weird thing goes wrong. These cars like to be run all the time. The work thats left could be done in couple of days. Thats if they have done anything at all. I have a freind that ownes a body shop. Every time I bring him a car or part to paint it takes forever and evey time I call him he says tomarrow for sure. I hate being put off like this and im sure you do to.

I say its time to get Darkside over to HP asap for a little *cough* spy *cough* shop tour.

Shane

Last edited:
You just couldn't keep it to yourself. ;) I don't blame you for venting. You have every right to be mad as fire at these people. Like scbird1 said, wonder what else will need attention other than the brakes when you get it back, because it has sat for so long.

So by May 6, they are telling you the car will be ready, again? It would suck to be their other customers if they get treated as badly as you have been. I say we all go the HP Performance and storm the place, forget about the spying. :D

Last edited:
Perfection takes time.

If they are building a jig,during and after they fab your turbo kit.
This would take a lot time to do.But not a year.

Randy

Last edited:
If the car has sat so long that the brakes are locked up there is no way they have finished the kit. Since this is a one-off custom turbo kit they have to put the car in the shop, get it on a lift, test fit all the parts AS THEY BUILD THEM, etc. Therefore, in order for the kit to be finished they have to have installed it in the car! Time to bypass "Jimmy" and go right to the top. That's what David did, and that is why his car is not in NM right now. Time for them to stop BS'ing you and come clean with it.

XR7 Dave said:
If the car has sat so long that the brakes are locked up there is no way they have finished the kit. Since this is a one-off custom turbo kit they have to put the car in the shop, get it on a lift, test fit all the parts AS THEY BUILD THEM, etc. Therefore, in order for the kit to be finished they have to have installed it in the car! Time to bypass "Jimmy" and go right to the top. That's what David did, and that is why his car is not in NM right now. Time for them to stop BS'ing you and come clean with it.

I have bent over backwards trying to be civil about this issue. If the damn car is not done by May 6th there will be a lawsuit to make KOBE's look small in comparison. ;)

Mine sat for a few months, they will be fine with a little pushing or tender driving.

I would talk to a lawyer now to see if there is anything they can do to get a good scare into them so you know it will get done.

T-bird4vr said:
Mine sat for a few months, they will be fine with a little pushing or tender driving.

I would talk to a lawyer now to see if there is anything they can do to get a good scare into them so you know it will get done.

Good Advise! Thanks man. :cool:

Dave,

Jimmy is the top....He and another guy named Nathan own the company, Tom Berry is just the sales guy.

Frank,

If you want to get HPs attention (this works everytime), post your story over on turbomustang.com in the feedback section.

They (HP) have been dicking some guy around for 6 months waiting to get the turbo for his kit. He made a post and within a day...Jimmy called to solve the problem. They do not like bad press on that board. The guy is a lawyer and was going to take action for fraud and some other crap.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36863

David

David Neibert said:
Dave,

Jimmy is the top....He and another guy named Nathan own the company, Tom Berry is just the sales guy.

Frank,

If you want to get HPs attention (this works everytime), post your story over on turbomustang.com in the feedback section.

They (HP) have been dicking some guy around for 6 months waiting to get the turbo for his kit. He made a post and within a day...Jimmy called to solve the problem. They do not like bad press on that board. The guy is a lawyer and was going to take action for fraud and some other crap.

http://www.turbomustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36863

David

HEHE! Thanks David! :D

Frank as long as you has waited,they should give the turbo kit to you.

I would like to be able to help you out.
But my ways would get you in trouble.
I misted the political correctness class at shcool. :rolleyes:

Randy

If you need a hitman...PM me... :D Ill set things straight and get you the free turbo kit. Let me know.

Stephen

Thanks Stephen!

Also check out the link that was provided by Neibert on page one!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Some guy actually mentioned my car on that thread!!!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention David N. ;)

Frank

It all seems like a big lie to me. When this guy tells you they have it all fabbed up, and in the next breath says they cant move the car because the brakes are locked up, what? If they cant move the car how did they fab it up? I cant believe how they are stringing you along. Like the old saying goes fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. I dont believe they have done a thing. I think that they are telling you this to keep your money if you decide to pull out. It would be in your best interst to get on a plane and go out there. Tell them show me whats done! If they cannot or will not prove to you that in fact work has and is being done get your money and car and leave. In my world $5000 is a small fortune. Patience at times is a good thing, but now I think these people think you are a chump that they can tell anything to you, and you will belive it. I would not even call them again. GET YOUR CAR AND MONEY BACK NOW!!

Back