Idea for a meet

Scott Long

Would anyone be interested in making a caravan on up to Coy Millers and touring his shop, grab lunch, then come back? I would hope he would allow a group to come check it out and see his SC.

what time frame would it be? I am about to quit Jiffy Lube and HOPEFULLY go to Firestone...with more pay...thats besides the point. Where his shop be, what time do I be showing up?

Stephen

I was on his site last night. Its in Harrisonburg which is North West of Richmond. It's near the WV border. But still I don't think it'd be that bad of a drive. I have not contacted him yet, but I was just thinking it'd be neat to go up there, see his shop and meet THE MAN, and then drool over his SC a little bit. I have seen his car a few times but never met him. At Carlisle he always had one of his employees bring the car up to the show. How fun would that be "here you go, take this 10 second SC and go up to Pennsylvania with it and show it off, don't wreck it!"

I hope he would be willing to allow a group of enthusiasts like us to come up for an afternoon as long as we aren't interfering w/ his business. I am also interested in getting a stage 1 cam from him since I have heard XR7 Dave say that the specs on the stage 1 cam is one of the best setup's for our motors from stock to majorly bolted on. It also allows you to use the stock size pushrods and rocker arms. My friend put one in his 93 SC in Indiana and his car went from being a stock AOD boat, to a running even w/ my 5-speed when it was stock. So he picked up some noticeable power.

I wonder if Coy stocks those cams or if you have to send him a core first?

It also says on his site he has a dyno facility. I think its only an engine dyno though and not a chassis dyno. I'll have to find out for sure.

Last edited:
Back