My bird is twisted Literally!

green73

Bought my T-bird for $400, knowing it had issues. I still haven't replaced the master cylinder yet (I have a whole replacement waiting to put in with accumulator, and motor). I have came to realize the frame is twisted. It looks like it was slid into a guardrail, or sideswiped. Does anyone know of a local collision shop that will put it on a straightening machine for cheap. I don't want body work, just a straight frame. Time isn't a factor either, as this is a slow project. A friend suggested a looking for a school that trains people to use frame straightening machines. Does anyone know of such a place in the Hampton Roads area? Or would I be better off parting this thing out? Thanks for any info.

Steven

oddly enough the body is relatively straight, except for the body filler on the rear passenger 1/4 panel. It's just twisted.

green73 said:
Bought my T-bird for $400, knowing it had issues. I still haven't replaced the master cylinder yet (I have a whole replacement waiting to put in with accumulator, and motor). I have came to realize the frame is twisted. It looks like it was slid into a guardrail, or sideswiped. Does anyone know of a local collision shop that will put it on a straightening machine for cheap. I don't want body work, just a straight frame. Time isn't a factor either, as this is a slow project. A friend suggested a looking for a school that trains people to use frame straightening machines. Does anyone know of such a place in the Hampton Roads area? Or would I be better off parting this thing out? Thanks for any info.

Steven

Want to spend another $400 for my rolling chassis? lol I keep asking people around here. I'm hurting for cash.

http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/side.JPG

green73 said:
If I wasn't balls deep into the partial frame-off on my Land Cruiser, I migh have taken you up on that.

I like the color. Is that a factory blue?

It's a relatively new paint job, but i'm not sure if it's a stock color.

oh well, the hunt for a buyer continues.

green73 said:
I gotta admit, this offer does have me thinking though. What year is it? I am guessing no engine or tranny right? It looks like a cloth grey interior too? What's the condition of the inside? Pix? If so send to greencruiser@msn.com or steven.zirkelback@langley.af.mil

I just want the heads (and stuff above it obviously), the exhaust, and tranny.

The tires are still good and it has a pretty recent inspection i think lol...
It has 96 LX cloth seats thrown in there in good condition. It's just tossed in there right now and not bolted down. Turn signals/fog lights are out.

Here's an outdated movie of it (seats are different and the fogs/turn signals still on it)

http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/TBIRD.wmv

I've got the engine down to this point:
http://www.radford.edu/~jseemuell/Cracked heads.JPG

If you just want to pull the whole thing out, i can pick it up at your place whenever it's convenient.

Yeah, I have given it alot of thought. I am tapping a couple resources for the $$$ Looks like a good deal. I am going to be real busy the next week or so with an Exercise, but I'll keep in touch on this!

green73 said:
Yeah, I have given it alot of thought. I am tapping a couple resources for the $$$ Looks like a good deal. I am going to be real busy the next week or so with an Exercise, but I'll keep in touch on this!

Absolutely no rush, it's obviously not going anywhere :)

I'm at college until may. If you want to pick it up before hand i'll have to find a time when my dad's not working so you can pick it up.

Oh yea, it has 3.08 gears if i didn't mention already.

~Justin

Back