New Engine Wont Start

pepito6SC

Hello all...
I just finished putting my engine together after 5 months of work. When I turned the key last night the car would not start. It just turned over and died. A couple of times I heard some loud sputters out the back and it acted like it was trying to start. My first guess is that the cam sensor assembly was not put in correctly, so the timing must be off. Any more ideas? Does anyone know how to set the cam sensor correctly (I am talking about the whole assembly, not just the plastic sensor). I checked spark plugs, wires and everything seems OK. I will also check the crank sensor later today. thanks for your help!

Does your engine turn over with out starting and you can turn it over for ever, or does in turn over a couple of times and dies?

Engine turns over an never starts. It sputters a couple of times, mayber 3 times and stops...any ideas would be helpful. thanks

I take it that you check for gas and spark. Verified that you are top dead center on piston one and timing marks all line up. You said you checked plugs, what about coil connection. You're on the right track. Verify cam and crank sensor. It's hard to work on a engine over the Internet. Good Luck..

From what I understand some of the repair manuals have the firing order wrong.

Not very helpful, but something to check

Aaron

Back