Need 1989-1990 3.8L supercharged engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

ur_lord

I'm looking for a 3.8L supercharged with or without trans. for a mercury cougar xr7 1990 i don't care if the motor needs working on.

ur_lord said:
I'm looking for a 3.8L supercharged with or without trans. for a mercury cougar xr7 1990 i don't care if the motor needs working on.
I have a entire 1990 XR7 for sale motor runs good, pm if interested. Car is located in london.

Xr7

90sccougar said:
I have a entire 1990 XR7 for sale motor runs good, pm if interested. Car is located in london.
Do you have pics,and what price are we talking about.

Selling my 3.8L Supercharged V6 Engine with ECU.

About a year ago I purchased a 110,000 mile engine from a parted out 1990 Mercury Cougar XR-7 that I planned to rebuild with performance parts and install in my 1982 DeLorean as a contingency plan should my current performance mod plans destroy my PRV-6. I still think it is an awesome engine, but some things have happened that necessitate me selling it.

This engine has been mounted on a stand since I received it and I have not got around to doing a rebuild, although the previous owner said it was running when he parted out the car.

This engine can directly transplant into just about any Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle and uses the same bolt pattern as the 302 and 5.0 Ford engines. Some folks have used this engine in sand rails as well as kit cars. I bought it as a "Plan B" incase I blew my PRV-6 and you could too!!!

I think it weighs about 75lbs more than the PRV-6 and in stock form is rated at 215hp/300lb.ft. With modifications this engine is SCARY with potential rear wheel output exceeding 425RWHP and 480RWTQ. To see what this engine is capable of go here (www.magnumpowers.com/tbrd_quick.html) and check out the videos.

I am offering this Ford 3.8L Supercharged V6 Engine and ECU here before I post it on eBay or Craig's List. I am asking $600 o.b.o. and I would prefer local pick-up, but will consider other options and will work with you on getting this engine.

I have an engine hoist and can help you load it in a pickup truck. Please bring enough straps to tie it down, it's a little on the beefy side.

Thank you,
Ben Ferguson (Captain Hydrogen)
Arizona DeLorean Club (www.az-d.org), Car Cruise Director - VIN 10365

Ben, please don't post on to a dead "engine wanted" thread that's a year old, trying to sell your engine. Ontario Canada isn't exactly local to Mesa, Arizona, and I doubt that anyone here is going to pay the freight to have it shipped either. You are welcome to start a new post offering your engine for sale here if you wish to do so, but I don't think you'll find any takers willing to absorb the shipping costs from such a distance.

thanks,
Ed N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back