Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in teflon sc rotors?

Question Anyone interested in teflon sc rotors?

There is a local GTP guy by me that sells GTP parts. He has some teflon coated rotors that come stock in the GTP blowers. I am purchasing the last new set he has but he still has other nice sc rotors available. He told me if there is any other people that want sc rotors to let him know and he could take a few bucks off the price. He charges $75 for a nice set of used rotors, so they should be a little cheaper than that if he takes money off.
    Let me know, Ryan Ruvolo

I might just be interested. I would need a pic of them and maybe the mileage on the m90 they came from? Thanks ,Mark

Im goin to his shop thursday night, I will take a pic of them and ask him how many miles they have on them.

Thanks that would be awsome.

Just to let you know, the rotors cannot safely be pushed from the bearings on the "bearing plate". They shoud come mounted on the bearing plate (plate between the housing and snout) If they do not then they really are just junk metal.

They come attached to the bearing plate

Can he get M112 rotors?

Quote Originally Posted by super red91
    There is a local GTP guy by me that sells GTP parts. He has some teflon coated rotors that come stock in the GTP blowers. I am purchasing the last new set he has but he still has other nice sc rotors available. He told me if there is any other people that want sc rotors to let him know and he could take a few bucks off the price. He charges $75 for a nice set of used rotors, so they should be a little cheaper than that if he takes money off.
    Let me know, Ryan Ruvolo
    Ryan,

I'm interested in a good low mileage rotor pack from a GTP. From what I understand it just requires relocating one dowel pin to use the rotor pack on an SC M90.

If this guy is coming to Dayton I'll buy one off him there. I just want to make sure the bearings and seals are nice and tight and the teflon coating is still in tact.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

these will have create a tighter tollerance between the rotors and the case than an early (say 91) m90 correct??

if this is the case, please let me know if these end up being nice.. if they are i would like a set as well.

thanks,
    matt

I dont think he has any m112 rotors but I can ask him about those. He is sponsored by intense racing and has a gtp and a bonny in the high 10's. So since hes in with intense and they do the m112 conversions for gtp owners maybe he can let me know where they get the rotors from and if he can get any.

Dave,
    Hes not coming to the dayton meet. Stan W and I are going to his shop tomorrow to check out the rotors and we could look at a set for you if your interested. Hopefully I will have a digital camera to take a few pics if that helps anyone.

Also to let everyone know 94-95 superchargers DO not have teflon coated rotors, they have an epoxy coating. You can read this article http://www.sccoa.com/articles/blowerbuild.php next to the pictures of the rotors it explains. The rotors Im looking at are coming out of superchargers that are 97 and newer, so Eaton must have found out that teflon works better than epoxy since they changed coatings. Maybe these rotors are even more efficient , who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by super red91
    I dont think he has any m112 rotors but I can ask him about those. He is sponsored by intense racing and has a gtp and a bonny in the high 10's. So since hes in with intense and they do the m112 conversions for gtp owners maybe he can let me know where they get the rotors from and if he can get any.

Dave,
    Hes not coming to the dayton meet. Stan W and I are going to his shop tomorrow to check out the rotors and we could look at a set for you if your interested. Hopefully I will have a digital camera to take a few pics if that helps anyone.

That would be great, because I am very interested in buying a set. I was thinking about swapping the rotor pack off my wifes 99 GTP, but I don't think she would be very happy if I did.

Any chance he would trust you to bring them to the Dayton meet to sell ?

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Very interested as well
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

I will find out tomorrow if he will let me take any to the dayton meet.

If you could also find out details on what form of payment he would like and where to send it to that would be great as im up for the buy.