Filling in Ports on the M90

Honestly, I would not want to take any chances of some crap bouncing around inside the M-90. I would spend the extra money to have them TIG'd closed, well worth the extra little expense for the peace of mind.

Are you talking about tig welding a small piece to cover the slot on the top or do you also cover it on the bottom where the rotors are so you don't create two small pockets for air flow to hang up?

I was thinking of epoxy and then you can fill the slots, but I wonder why JB Weld or Liquid aluminum wouldn't hold up if you prep it right? I was thinking about making something to put on the inside to hold the epoxy in there till it hardened but then be able to remove it without having anything in the rotors path. I don't know if paper would do it, but you aren't gonna damage anything by having a small tiny piece of paper get shredded and burnt up and blown out the exhaust.

Scott Long said:
Are you talking about tig welding a small piece to cover the slot on the top or do you also cover it on the bottom where the rotors are so you don't create two small pockets for air flow to hang up?

I was thinking of epoxy and then you can fill the slots, but I wonder why JB Weld or Liquid aluminum wouldn't hold up if you prep it right? I was thinking about making something to put on the inside to hold the epoxy in there till it hardened but then be able to remove it without having anything in the rotors path. I don't know if paper would do it, but you aren't gonna damage anything by having a small tiny piece of paper get shredded and burnt up and blown out the exhaust.

I think it will hold if done right also, I was going to scuff up the area and maybe create a coulple of groove perpendicular to the windows within the openings using the dremel type carbide cutter. Then clean with some really good degreaser, and acetone. As for filling in the area to ge rid of a "pocket" I seen where someone used a sheet of thin aluminum, backed by wax paper, and duct tape it to the curvature of the case fro within, the expoxy wont hold to the wax paper, and can be removed.

I'm sure it woudl take some trial and error to get the sheet of aluminum to take the perfect curve.... If the epoxy protrudes into the case, that would obviously be bad. Perhaps some harder styrofoam could be used to press the aluminum sheet firmly against the inside of the blower case while it cures...

The method I describe is pretty close to one I read that was used at some point before.

I also do have a guy that can tig weld a piece of wire in there for better epoxy grasp as well.

Search on some of the other posts for the idea, this has probably been described a little better already..

This makes sense :). Good work dude. Have to think about this mod someday...just have to get over the present mod..mentally ;)..

Back