Thread: Any good solution to keeping the TV cable attached to the TB?

Any good solution to keeping the TV cable attached to the TB?

I'm not sure how I got home yesterday as my TV cable slipped off of my TB 3 times on my 620 mile journey home. I was about 1/2 way home and it came off. I have no idea how long I was driving with it not attached, but as soon as I felt the tranny starting to slip, I stopped and discovered the problem. I reattached it and 20 miles down the road, it did it again. Fixed it again, then as I was accelerating back into traffic (interstate 44) it fell off again. That time I tied it to the TB, which is not the best answer, but it got me home. I'm not sure how I made it home, since you can fry your tranny in less than a mile if it is not attached. The only thing that I can figure is that I have a shift kit and a really big aftermarket tranny cooler.

But basically, I'm looking for a better answer than some neon green string to hold the TV cable to the TB. I could use some electrical tape to make the nipple larger, but I'm still hoping there's a better answer than this. Anybody got any good answers?

Brass Bushing

Ford has a Brass Bushing & Cotter Pin to replace the rubber one that broke. Couple of bucks.

What he said... I wasn't sure it applied to SCs but the one for the na 3.8 is about $4 retail. The plastic bushing basically disintegrated in my '93

I have a nylon zip-tie on mine I know, I should do better, but it has held it solid for about 10 years now.

I knew that there was a new brass fitting. However, mine isn't broke. I just installed a new TB and it is loose in the new one. It fit nice and snug in the stock TB... I'll get one though so I can try that...a few bucks is okay to spend for a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by 007_SuperCoupe
    I knew that there was a new brass fitting. However, mine isn't broke. I just installed a new TB and it is loose in the new one. It fit nice and snug in the stock TB... I'll get one though so I can try that...a few bucks is okay to spend for a fix.
    Here is the link to the install instructions and the brass part is shown. Part number is F3SZ-7H303-B

TB Install

Rich

Thanks, Rich. I'll get that while I'm getting my plenum ported.

Ford dealership here charged me about $6.50 for my brass one

I drilled a small hole in the part that goes into the grommet and put in a cotter pin to keep it in place. worked flawlessly, too bad i had to do it after i blew the tranny.