Ran a new personal best today at Fun Ford...

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
I 'd had one of those premonitions that I was going to get a record run today and I did. I kept having a 12.6 something flash thru my head for a few weeks now, and it would have been except for that tad of spin I got on my launch and 2nd gear shift. That's also my best 1/8 mile time. I got too much spin on my MT's on my 1st run so I changed to the BFG-DR's and got them to hook up fairly well. The atmosphere was just perfect this morning and the bright sun heated up the track nicely. Several of the guys set records.
On the other hand if you'll notice my opponent. There's nothing to take the starch out of a record run like running a 9.929 car! His 1/8mi speed is faster than my 1/4mi speed! He just took off and left me, but at least I could still see him. The 1st time I ran a 9 sec car he disappeared when the light turned green.
The place was packed. I wouldn't be surprised if there were 1000 cars running. One of the Pro5.0 cars turned around backwards and went briefly airborne but didn't scratch the paint while bending the undercarriage. I didn't do good in the bracket part going out in the second round with a red light and then with a bogged launch but I didn't care. I got what I came for.

Attachments

• 12.716 timeslip.jpg
    12.716 timeslip.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 133
Back