View Poll Results: Ash tray cover, broken or not?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • broken

    26 19.70%
  • not

    106 80.30%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Ash tray cover, broken or not?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    228

    Ash tray cover, broken or not?

    Ash tray cover, broken or not?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by matteo
    Ash tray cover, broken or not?
    Actually, this is SUCH a common problem accross the entire FORD line, that a few years ago MustangMonthly did a whole Tech Article on how to FIX the ash tray cover for good. There is even a company that manufactures a spring and pin you replace the broken one with. If anyone is interested, I'll find the article and scan it in or something.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTurkey
    Actually, this is SUCH a common problem accross the entire FORD line, that a few years ago MustangMonthly did a whole Tech Article on how to FIX the ash tray cover for good. There is even a company that manufactures a spring and pin you replace the broken one with. If anyone is interested, I'll find the article and scan it in or something.
    thats funny. hey, did you ever get your car fixed up?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by matteo
    thats funny. hey, did you ever get your car fixed up?
    Not yet ... Allstate is cutting me a check right now, so I am debating weather to drive it REAL SCARY LOOKING , fix it up , or buy a SuperCoupe I dunno ... there is NOTHING for sale near here

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTurkey
    or buy a SuperCoupe
    do it! i might be able to hook you up with someone who is selling a SC if you want.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by matteo
    do it! i might be able to hook you up with someone who is selling a SC if you want.
    Sure .... I am in the Classifieds pretty much 24 x 7 looking ...... hey, didja see the SC in California for $500 on eBay? Beautiful RED car!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTurkey
    Sure .... I am in the Classifieds pretty much 24 x 7 looking ...... hey, didja see the SC in California for $500 on eBay? Beautiful RED car!!
    turns out i cant get a hold of that guy with the SC anymore. but i think it would be worth a trip to cali for it if its in good shape. you should go for it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    2,742
    Yea mine broke Saturday.....Off to the bone yard!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    St Thomas Ontario
    Posts
    184
    mine works perfect.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Lake County, Florida
    Posts
    2,742
    I just realized digging thru the bone yard that some of the ashtray lids are plastic and some are cast metal....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Latitude: 41.909147 Longitude: -72.450263
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by matteo
    Ash tray cover, broken or not?
    Mine was detached at one time but I pulled the console off and reattached it and the spring that keeps it closed.


    Don't crash into a tree just to avoid a skunk!


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    P-Town, MN
    Posts
    2,510
    Where do they break?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dewey, OK
    Posts
    857
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet90SC
    I just realized digging thru the bone yard that some of the ashtray lids are plastic and some are cast metal....

    The one on my car is cast metal, mine broke on the console part but i got it rigged up so its like new, i just took a small bolt put it through the lid and took a nut and super glued it to the console. Works like new, never even know it was broke unless you took the console lid off and looked at it.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Howell, MI
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by matteo
    Ash tray cover, broken or not?
    i don't think mine is broken......it doesn't feel like there is a pring or nothing, but it doesn't pop open or fall closed on it's own as far as i can remmeber...but of course i don't smoke so i never use it anyway....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    8,159
    I have a couple here, if anybody wants one.....

Similar Threads

  1. 90 ABS trunk package tray..?..
    By tbirdsc35th in forum Technical Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 09:31 PM
  2. Bumper cover broken tabs
    By RadBird in forum Non Technical Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 06:36 PM
  3. Ash tray sweetness
    By Ryan A Harris in forum Super Coupe Club of Ontario
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 10:13 PM
  4. custom "California" car cover
    By MrNiftie in forum Parts for Sale
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 09:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •