Cobra R front bumper replacements ??

SuperCoupeSC91

I'm wondering how many people would be interested, for the cobra r bumper cover for our SC's !! and also what years and either urethane or fiberglass ? i e-mailed harryglass before with no luck, and i just e-mailed another company, but i think i should of posted it here first to see how many serious people would want one ? i would assume at least 5 people would want one ? but i dont know ? please respond in here if your interested, and please only SERIOUS inquiries, i can then use this post to show some company's in mind that others are serious and show the demand. I hope there are some others and we can make this happen..or if anyone has connections of who can do it for a reasonable price or if someone inquired about this and had some luck please post..Thanks Alex L :D

89-93 ?
94-95 ?
96-97 ?

fiberglass ?
urethane ?

I'm always interested in something like that..........but hard to tell without seeing one. Anyone done it........or messed around with photoshop?

I have a 90 SC, I'm interested in checking it out. I'd love to see what one would look like on our cars.

here is a pic on Randy Baker's member page (below), he did one up with photoshop, i think obviously its distorted and bigger than it wold be, but it gives you a general idea. and i was waiting for an e-mail from a place, and i recieved it, they wont do it, so now its to find a place to do it... to me a SC with a cobra r bumper/hood/wing/rims, is the ultimate Cobra R :) i think it'd look better than the mustang one.. Alex L

http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=baker

SuperCoupeSC91 said:
here is a pic on Randy Baker's member page (below), he did one up with photoshop, i think obviously its distorted and bigger than it wold be, but it gives you a general idea. and i was waiting for an e-mail from a place, and i recieved it, they wont do it, so now its to find a place to do it... to me a SC with a cobra r bumper/hood/wing/rims, is the ultimate Cobra R :) i think it'd look better than the mustang one.. Alex L

http://www.sccoa.com/member/index.php?uniquename=baker

That didn't look too bad...........too bad he didn't have an aftermarket hood on that pic.........

It's hard to say..........if it wasn't too expensive.......I'd probably try one.

I would try one if it wasn't too expensive and easy to prep. I would like it to be "paint it and go" maybe with a LITTLE bit of prep. needed. I have a 92 SC.

That's OK, '89-93 has the same front clip. It change for '94-95. Then 96-97

I dig it. Not to be picky, but I'd like to see what it looks like from the profile.

I have the 2000 Cobra R front end together.I just have not installed
yet.And I have a Corbra R hood & rear wing.And fiber glass doors
and trunk lid.I plan to paint and reinstall as soon as the weather
gets better.And to go with the body parts,I have already installed
2000 Cobra R chrome wheels,And chrome pc brake rotors and calipers.

The air splitter set about 2 inchs from the road.This is one reason
that I have not install the front.I am still moding the car,and you can
not look or get a jack under the car once the front end is on.You will not
be able to load the car on a roll-back ,or be able to tow with a tow truck.
You will not be able to pull in drive ways,ect.Speed bump will wipe the
front end out,the same for most all parking lots with very small dips
or small concrete waterways in most all parking lot entrances.
And I am sure you all realize that your suspension has more than a
two inch travel.So the slitter could & will nose dive and scrape into
the road or highway very easily.

So if you do this mod you had better use dutz fasteners.So you can
remove the front easily, for work & when it gets torn off.

And for super cooling aluminum and composit ducting will be added.

I have set the Cobra R rear wing on.It will take some time to get
used to.I may go with a NASCR style wing.

Thanks RANDY

Last edited:
Awesome, I had this idea a while back, but I was thinking the 94+ Cobra with the round ports for fog lights... not the 99+ cobra's with the oval ports.

Maybe a rear spoiler like the 99+ cobra could look good though.

Just an additional thought.

Pre-99 cobra I would be VERY interested.

~Mercy Jantz
Baltimore, MD

Randy N Connie said:
The air splitter set about 2 inchs from the road.

Yea that is not going to work for street cars. Randy, your mods don't list springs, but do you have the car lowered at all?

TO make a 2000 Cobra-R bumper cover made up. The parts cost ,shipping,
materials to me was around $1500.00 this is not counting any labor,paint. Labor 80 hours+.

Thanks Randy

Back