parting 89 XR7 5 speed

79sc

Currently parting out a complete 5 speed XR7. Will sell the complete 5 speed with all components for a conversion or will separate if there is no interest in the package. Car was not drivable due to severe structural rust but previous owner stated that the trans shifted fine in all gears with no grinding. White face gauge cluster show's 96K but not sure if it was the original cluster, therefore can not verify mileage. Other parts available including:
Red/ Maroon interior parts (door panels, etc.)
Upper and lower door weatherstrip/ seals, no rips and still pliable
working shoulder belts
Body emblems ( XR7-Supercharged)
clear headlight and corner lights
tailights
front drilled rotors
White body parts (bumper covers, hood, trunk lid etc.)
IRS parts (2L73 and 3L27 centers)
ABS unit
Reasonable offers accepted on any and all parts, you set the price factoring in shipping

no engine, wiper cowls, radio, sound system, or seats

thanks, Ron

prices please

what color are the supercharged mouldings and how much for the badges? how much for the seatbelt tracks,rotors,and lights?

wheels?

What shape are the wheels in? I am looking for replacement 16x7 factory aluminum wheels for my '89 XR7.

79sc said:
Currently parting out a complete 5 speed XR7. Will sell the complete 5 speed with all components for a conversion or will separate if there is no interest in the package. Car was not drivable due to severe structural rust but previous owner stated that the trans shifted fine in all gears with no grinding. White face gauge cluster show's 96K but not sure if it was the original cluster, therefore can not verify mileage. Other parts available including:
Red/ Maroon interior parts (door panels, etc.)
Upper and lower door weatherstrip/ seals, no rips and still pliable
working shoulder belts
Body emblems ( XR7-Supercharged)
clear headlight and corner lights
tailights
front drilled rotors
White body parts (bumper covers, hood, trunk lid etc.)
IRS parts (2L73 and 3L27 centers)
ABS unit
Reasonable offers accepted on any and all parts, you set the price factoring in shipping

no engine, wiper cowls, radio, sound system, or seats

thanks, Ron
If you don't sell everything together for a 5 speed swap, I need the metal plate with the rubber seal in the middle where the shifter goes through. let me know how much to 87111. Thanks

89XR7 5 speed

resmn12,
the supercharged mouldings are white $15.00 pr + shipping
XR7 emblems $15.00 pr + shipping
cougar sail panel emblems $15.00 pr + shipping
seatbelt tracks $15.00 each + shipping
rotors $100.00 pr + shipping
lights $60.00 set headlights and each corner + shipping
again, if you don't like the prices, make me an offer!!!

XR7inWI
I have a sale pending on the wheels, I'm giving the party a couple more days to respond and then they will be available if no word.

NMxr7SC
If I don't have a confirmed sale on the package by the end of next weekend I will sell you the floor plate.

thanks, Ron

79sc said:
resmn12,
the supercharged mouldings are white $15.00 pr + shipping
XR7 emblems $15.00 pr + shipping
cougar sail panel emblems $15.00 pr + shipping
seatbelt tracks $15.00 each + shipping
rotors $100.00 pr + shipping
lights $60.00 set headlights and each corner + shipping
again, if you don't like the prices, make me an offer!!!

XR7inWI
I have a sale pending on the wheels, I'm giving the party a couple more days to respond and then they will be available if no word.

NMxr7SC
If I don't have a confirmed sale on the package by the end of next weekend I will sell you the floor plate.

thanks, Ron
Cool Thanks. It's the only piece i need for my 5 speed swap.

White Lightning said:
$50 for the VMM if it works, add shipping if you have too! cheers, Frank.
I will check this weekend on the VMM, I believe it worked but face plate may be broke like most. I will let you know. Thanks, Ron

How much would are u asking for the driver door/ passanger door and trunk weatherstrips ??? since i am here I might as well ask, do u have any pics of the M5R2 and how much you are asking for it ?? any idea how much it would cost to ship out here..
I am located in CA 90706
Thanks..

Last edited:
XR7inWI said:
What shape are the wheels in? I am looking for replacement 16x7 factory aluminum wheels for my '89 XR7.

Rims are available, They are in fairly good shape, very presentable but there are flaws if viewed at close range. Tires are Goodyear eagle LS, 235/60/16. The tread depth is as follows: LF-3/32, RF-4/32, LR-6/32, RR-6/32. The left front rim has a scuff on the bead lip, (minor) Also on the RF and LR wheel it appears that the clearcoat or something is peeling or possibly the wheels were painted ?? at some time, not real noticable from a distance but want to point it out. The RR has a minor scuff on the bead lip, (minor) 2 of the 4 caps that were on the rims were cracked and repaired. I will include 2 more caps but one has a small chip on the edge and both will need to be painted the argent color to match. let me know if there is any other info you need or PM me your EMAIL and I will send photo's. I was looking for around $300 + shipping for the set or $200 for just the rims. Thanks, Ron

SuperCoupe007 said:
How much would are u asking for the driver door/ passanger door and trunk weatherstrips ??? since i am here I might as well ask, do u have any pics of the M5R2 and how much you are asking for it ?? any idea how much it would cost to ship out here..
I am located in CA 90706
Thanks..

How's $10.00 each for the door weatherstrips, they have the Currant red plastic strip attached. Trunk weatherstrip was ripped.
If I sell the trans separate and not as a package (which I will know by the end of this weekend) I would be looking for around $250 for just the trans. It is still in the car but coming out today and then I will get some pics. I shipped a toploader to CA. a couple years ago and I think it was around $80 - $100 for the shipping but I can get a more accurate amount after I get the trans out to weigh and measure it. Thanks, Ron

can you tell me what part of the abs unit i need the whole unit (master clinder, Hydraulic pump and so on.)

how much are you selling the parts for the 5-speeds swap??? All i really need is the flywheel, tranny and driveshaft, i have everthing else.

79sc said:
I will check this weekend on the VMM, I believe it worked but face plate may be broke like most. I will let you know. Thanks, Ron
Ron, Is the dashboard in good shape? I need one for my SC, Don't know if their the same as an XR, but I would think so. Does it have the map compartment up on the top of the dash? My interior is Currant also. and how did you make out with the VMM? cheers and beers, Frank

jsaund30 said:
can you tell me what part of the abs unit i need the whole unit (master clinder, Hydraulic pump and so on.)

I would let the abs unit go for $125 + shipping

White Lightning, NMxr7SC, Super Coupe 007, 5.0xr7- sent you all a PM

Thanks, Ron

NMxr7SC said:
Cool Thanks. It's the only piece i need for my 5 speed swap.
sent you a PM first part of the week, if you want the floor plate let me know. Ron

crazed maniac said:
Are the rims still available? I am looking to buy just the four center caps if possible. Thank you.

Brian

Brian, The rims, as well a the 5 speed and other parts are still available. I would like to keep the caps/rims together, will sell w/o tires for $200, with tires, $250 and will work with you on the shipping. PM me your email if interested and I will send some pics. Ron

Back