Turn signals going out??? Plz help, going crazy

mwsc

I have a '90 Tbird SC 35th. I recently put a big stereo in it. Well about 4 month's later my blinkers start going out. Sometimes they work, other times they won't. Sometimes they work, and they quit going down the road. My A/C goes out with my blinkers. Could this have something to do with my stereo? I've changed fuses like there's no tomorrow. Nothing fixes it. Can someone plz help me. Below are some scenario's.

Blinkers work in accessories mode, but not when I crank.
Blinkers never work.
Blinkers work in accessorie and when I crank, then go out down the road.

Do I have something loose or what? Anyone have any ideas other than the fuse? I read something about a flasher, but would that effect the A/C too. All feedback is welcome.

Thanks, Trey

There is a blinker module under the dash just above the gas pedal (attached to a metal bracket). If the fuses are still good this is usually the culprit. When it goes bad the turn signals sometimes work sometimes don't, and there is usually a telltale "buzzing" sound. I have no idea why this would affect your A/C, but if you hear that buzzing, try replacing the blinker module...

Possible fix.

Yes indeed there is a very noticable buzzing sound coming from the module. I'll have this replaced and go from there. Thx for the help.

Trey

Back