OK, Who do we trust in WPG?

Grantster

Well, cashed in my stock, and will be getting a $1600 check in the mail soon. what for, Shift Kit and High Stall Converter. But, never played with this area yet.. KEY WORD "YET" :p
who in town knows these cars, i need somebody to trust, mech wise that won't screw me in the end... I have a mech friend but not a ford lover.. lol.. will help me but since my v6 walks past his 305 V8 (barely off the start) I would like to add some distance :cool:

Any dealings, good, bad, otherwise??

Grant

jb transmission on pembina i think i t was.. not the biggest ford guys but ive seen nuthign but great work from them

I have always had mine (all three!) serviced at Keystone Ford...got to know the service manager pretty good and he was usually pretty fair...had my tranny on current '94 rebuilt about 4 yrs and 50,000 km ago! gave me a pretty ood shake, but I have not had anything else "major" done anywhere? So Keystone is the only place I can attest too! Let me know if you find a good one who does this kind of stuff well on the SC's! Good luck!

Keystone Ford, I don't know if I could pay that much.. lol... ;) I might just do it myself, can't be that hard. drill a hole here, there, and change this and that... lol.. can't be much harder than doing an engine swap... i hope. lol

I talked to my buddy and he is more than willing to help, and he's done plenty of modding on chevy's trannies... also use to be a mechanic on jag's so I trust him, just hate to bug him again... lol...

But this might change, found a 90 T-bird SC in need of work, i'll be looking at that and see what the body is like, maybe get a parts car... sure could use one.

Mods.. not any exciting, irranium plugs, silencer mod, had to do the HG's, 180 therostat (what a diff) and maybe the shift kit/2200 rpm high stall converter soon. well see..

Grant

Maybe not the cheapest way to go...but didn't know anyone who was willing to work on them that I trusted! The service manager at Keystone always gave me fair prices...not the "normal" charges! All may be irrelavant...think I may sell the bird tonight :( the end of an era for me!for the most part, have driven nothing but SC's for 10 years!

Grantster said:
Keystone Ford, I don't know if I could pay that much.. lol... ;) I might just do it myself, can't be that hard. drill a hole here, there, and change this and that... lol.. can't be much harder than doing an engine swap... i hope. lol

I talked to my buddy and he is more than willing to help, and he's done plenty of modding on chevy's trannies... also use to be a mechanic on jag's so I trust him, just hate to bug him again... lol...

But this might change, found a 90 T-bird SC in need of work, i'll be looking at that and see what the body is like, maybe get a parts car... sure could use one.

Mods.. not any exciting, irranium plugs, silencer mod, had to do the HG's, 180 therostat (what a diff) and maybe the shift kit/2200 rpm high stall converter soon. well see..

Grant

RNR Transmissions

Grantster said:
Well, cashed in my stock, and will be getting a $1600 check in the mail soon. what for, Shift Kit and High Stall Converter. But, never played with this area yet.. KEY WORD "YET" :p
who in town knows these cars, i need somebody to trust, mech wise that won't screw me in the end... I have a mech friend but not a ford lover.. lol.. will help me but since my v6 walks past his 305 V8 (barely off the start) I would like to add some distance :cool:

Any dealings, good, bad, otherwise??

Grant
i have had a few tranny's done by them and was always satisfied with their work. They are on fermor ave. east . they really know transmissions . they just did the tranny in my t-bird LX and it is great!

Back