Need an opinion...

92TBurnSC

Okay, so I briefly mentioned in another thread that my time with the Super is limited. She just keeps popping up with more and more excuses to put lots of money in her that don't see benefits in performance and appearance. Just recently, I found a nail in my driver's side front tire. That kinda annoyed me a bit, though a repair would have only cost like $6-7. However, when I made a closer inspection of the tire, I saw it had EXTENSIVE dry rot. Then I checked the others to see they were in the same condition or worse. So...I had to buy tires that I DO NOT have the money for since I just graduated and still haven't found a job yet (though I'm getting close to one). Fortunately mom and dad sent the money.

Either way...

If and when I get this job, I will, of course, not have the money right off to buy something new, so I figured I would stick with something in the $9-10k range. My one weakness? I love this MN-12/FN-10 platform. I know it well. I have been driving one for the past 5 or so years regularly. And I have noticed that the 97-98 Mark VIIIs are in my price range and, I'm thinking of going that way.

My question to you guys is, what are your experiences with the Mark VIII? How do they hold up, reliabilitywise? I'm not expecting Honda quality, but something that I'm not going to have to drop a couple thousand or so dollars every year to keep her from blwing up on me. How's the gas mileage? How will it do/do you think it will do in constant city traffic (if I get this job, I will be having to drive every morning to the exact center of The Loop in Chicago in wonderful Kennedy Expressway traffic)? What can you tell me that will help me in considering this option? All the reliability ratings on this car I have found have come back with long-term ratings of "average" which doesn't tell me a whole helluva lot.

Penny for your thoughts?

I think the Mark VIII is cool. I think that they probably get 18 city and 25 hwy mpg stock.

Please send my penny to:

Dan Sly
12620 Birchcrest Dr
Milford, MI 48380

or paypal it to:

slycrew@bignet.net

Thanks,

Thanks Dan. I'll chuck it in the general direction of Milford. It'll save me the 37 cent stamp and I have a decent enough arm. lol

Back