Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 97 SVT Thunderbird Supercharged 4.6

97 SVT Thunderbird Supercharged 4.6

Ok first off every friday and saturday night down here in corpus christi at a run down kmart parking lot, around 100-200 cars, ricers, 5.0's you name it meet up to show off what they got... Most are ghetto and riced out... i saw a 97 LX model thunderbird driveby but i heard a whine coming from the hood i was all excited inside because it sounded pretty beefy.. i flagged the guy over to my SC and he took a look at mine looked interested and everything as i showed off my beauty... then i asked what he had and this is where the lies start... "a saleen supercharger on the v8 4.6L"(believable) then he asked how much boost i was running "13-15" i replied proudly... "This thing puts out 50 psi" 50 PSI?!??!? on a supercharger.. then he said it was original SVT and showed me the badge, it was auto, then he had the nerve to tell me it tops out at over 200mph and has over 600hp to the rear wheels....???? i call BS on this one... it looked very nice and sounded great, but his info just didn't add up and just thought i would share my humor with all of ya'll who care...

Punch him in the face
    There is no such thing. He probably slapped some SVT badges and got one of those ricer things that makes noises to sound like FI

50PSI??

Did he have someone with a truck behind him to collect spare parts as he scattered them on the highway??

******** 9 10

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhphoeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    Last edited by XxSlowpokexX; 05-08-2005 at 01:39 AM.
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

naw this wasnt the one talked about before about the lady that goes to the SC meets... This was a different hispanic guy around 20-25?? somthing like that and he had just bought the car month 1/2 ago from his brother in law... i think he got screwed on the deal... SVT badge was only on the back next to the ford, no interior badge, engine badge, or anything no paperwork, just his word and shiny badge on the back. also the cobra r rims.. not the svt thunderbird rims that some lucky sc'ers have, also i asked to see his supercharger and it was really dark and he pointed it out and he said it was "hidden" b/c i told him i dont see what he is talking about, there was a snout but couldnt see the rest, and the intercooler was mounted on top of the engine??? nowhere near the front, no hood scoop, just kinda weird to me
    Last edited by snakesm13; 05-07-2005 at 11:18 AM.

ic

you know thats weird, i was at a meet in oklahoma a few years ago and there was a guy witha supercharged v-8 t bird, (best sounding t bird i ever heard) but he had made his intercooler directly on top of the supercharger also. I didnt get how it got airflow, but his sc was hidden also. I'll bet that hispanic guy's t bird was supercharged, but 600hp and 50psi.... he's full of hot air.
    Damon

Quote Originally Posted by snakesm13
    naw this wasnt the one talked about before about the lady that goes to the SC meets... This was a different hispanic guy around 20-25?? somthing like that and he had just bought the car month 1/2 ago from his brother in law... i think he got screwed on the deal... SVT badge was only on the back next to the ford, no interior badge, engine badge, or anything no paperwork, just his word and shiny badge on the back. also the cobra r rims.. not the svt thunderbird rims that some lucky sc'ers have, also i asked to see his supercharger and it was really dark and he pointed it out and he said it was "hidden" b/c i told him i dont see what he is talking about, there was a snout but couldnt see the rest, and the intercooler was mounted on top of the engine??? nowhere near the front, no hood scoop, just kinda weird to me
    Sounds like the Allen supercharger kit with the M90.

Jeff

Yeah, some people don't know what they have or what they are looking at. A few years back, before I got my SC, I was at work one morning and we were cleaning a Walmart lot and there was and lx tbird there that somebody had put some gay rims on and some GT emblems. The guy working with me, who by the way once had an SC not long before that, asked me if I thought the lx was an SC?

No you fool, it's an lx. SC don't have GT badges and crappy rims and you had one, you should know.

No doubt, this guy you saw really thinks he has an SVT tbird.

ask him if hes sure he isnt running 55PSI or something, then act amazed and say you had 75 on your other thunderbird, then next time he sees you say this is your other car, and call him stupid for thinking its the same one, then rev the engine and ask if he can hear the boost. If hes getting ticked off just keep at it, if not just leave, he was born that way

Quote Originally Posted by AsScLoWn
    ask him if hes sure he isnt running 55PSI or something, then act amazed and say you had 75 on your other thunderbird, then next time he sees you say this is your other car, and call him stupid for thinking its the same one, then rev the engine and ask if he can hear the boost. If hes getting ticked off just keep at it, if not just leave, he was born that way
    For once I agree

There were four of the four valve sc birds built in 1998. They were svt but never saw full production. I can not tell you where I saw it but the one I saw was red. Supposedly (cant tell you this for sure) only one remains on the road. The other three were crushed. The fu#+!n worthless @$$ mustangs profited off of this. This was the test bed for the new cobra engine. Only this time the mustang got to keep the engine (The sc engine was originally the test engine for the 89 anny edition of the mustang). I hate those cars more and more every day...

Chris

Tang it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snakesm13
    Ok first off every friday and saturday night down here in corpus christi at a run down kmart parking lot,
    Some one else on here from Corpus, huh? I don't go out there much anymore, but here recently I've been hanging around with the Turbo Regal crowd. Perhaps i'll see ya around one of these days.

WOW... didn't think SC's made it down this far in texas, everyone else is up north, it gets kinda lonely down here runnin around w/the 5.0's and camaros

shane