My '95 Chamelion 5-speed

Smoof

I got around to taking some better pictures of it finally (a wash too) here it be...
Mmmm Chamelion.
bird1.jpg

bird3.jpg

bird10.jpg

bird11.jpg

bird12.jpg

bird6.JPG

wow thats a pretty cool color for an SC. I wander how many 95 SCs were painted this color. I know this is only the second one I have seen.

Shane

quick35th said:
wow thats a pretty cool color for an SC. I wander how many 95 SCs were painted this color. I know this is only the second one I have seen.

Shane

About 12 or so were 5-speeds.
As far as I know.

Man...that is just one sexy color. I saw two or three of these in carlisle last year...not sure if they were 94 or 95...but they're just sweet. Low production SC, plus low production color......just rare! AWesome.

Smoof said:
About 12 or so were 5-speeds.
As far as I know.

We've got a guy out here in Va who has one of the chamelian 5-speeds. Where did you get those production #'s of 28 & 12? I know Brando, the owner, would love to know. We haven't heard any way to trace down how many were built in a certain color.

There's an older guy in town with a 94/95 SC auto that's the chamelion color, though it appears lighter all the time. It's still a beautiful car and if he sells it, I'm going to try to get it.

-Andy "Melon"

local dealer had a 95' 5 speed of that color on the lot for about 6 months before they sold it at auction. I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it was Blue but I can't stand that color, and they wanted 6700$ for it with 132k on it. I know of a 94 5speed of that color that was totalled a few years back also, 17 year old kid hit a tree.

RancherV6Lee said:
local dealer had a 95' 5 speed of that color on the lot for about 6 months before they sold it at auction. I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it was Blue but I can't stand that color, and they wanted 6700$ for it with 132k on it. I know of a 94 5speed of that color that was totalled a few years back also, 17 year old kid hit a tree.

I don't believe they came in Chamelion in '94. I believe it was '95 only.

I have no facts to back-up my numbers. It's just what I've been told by a local SCer who knows most of his stuff.

You kidding me? I LOVE this color! Even if it was just plain purple, I would love it. I love the uniqueness of it! Only thing that sucks is that how many people do you see with a purple t-bird? If I ever get into trouble with the cops, I'm screwed, hah.

I wasn't too sure about the Chamelion before I bought it, but then I saw the car and fell in love with the color.
The color just makes it that much more a sleeper :D

Smoof said:
You kidding me? I LOVE this color! Even if it was just plain purple, I would love it. I love the uniqueness of it!

I know of a purple 94 V8 for sale if you really like the color :D

-Andy "Melon"

mcate said:
We've got a guy out here in Va who has one of the chamelian 5-speeds. Where did you get those production #'s of 28 & 12? I know Brando, the owner, would love to know. We haven't heard any way to trace down how many were built in a certain color.

I saw Brando's car this past Saturday at the Patrick Henry Mall. Beautiful. And he parked next to my multi-white-colored SC. I think he was jealous. :D

Smoof - Beautiful car...rare. Keep it that way.

Ah... The ORIGINAL Mystic Cobras. Yeah.. I know.. it's not exactly the mystic color, but it's another one of those things that I like to hang over the Mustang guys' heads. Haha. We had it first, kinda thing. :D

There was one near me the same color. It was a '95 5 speed. I took it out for a drive but it needed some work done to it. The tranny buzzed when the clutch was put in and the boost guage didn't work. The car was dirty and the motor was disgusting. I would have looked into buying it but he wanted $3900 for it with 118K miles. I kinda regret not buying it because it COULD have been a nice car with some work put into it. Oh well. Coulda' woulda', shoulda'. :rolleyes:

SCFan84 said:
There was one near me the same color. It was a '95 5 speed. I took it out for a drive but it needed some work done to it. The tranny buzzed when the clutch was put in and the boost guage didn't work. The car was dirty and the motor was disgusting. I would have looked into buying it but he wanted $3900 for it with 118K miles. I kinda regret not buying it because it COULD have been a nice car with some work put into it. Oh well. Coulda' woulda', shoulda'. :rolleyes:

Not even worth it.
This car cost me $2600. The things that are messed-up with it (well, were)
Needs paint on the rear bumper (Some of it's flaking off, something about the previous owner backing-up into a mailbox), needed motor mounts, and needed a general tune-up. Only other major thing is that the first, second and reverse syncos are dead. Other than that.

Yea, that car is pretty cool.. I've pretty much done 99.8% of all the work on Smoof's car.. (he put a belt on all by himself once).. hehe

Hey, I took the accessory bracket off, bastage.
And you should be doing the damn work! You're the one who got me into this!

Back