I AM DONE!!, GoodBye SCCOA! loooong!

Dahoopd

Well, Gentlemen, let me say thank you to all of you for the patience you have had with me though I have had none with this car. I have learned many things from all all of you and this car but, I am done. As some of you are aware I was in the process of the clutch swap. Everything was perfect...because of this site and those that have had the patience to help me. I have never really done any major repairs to a vehicle in regards to HG's or a clutch on my mustangs and I have owned 6 86GT's like I have doing on this one vehicle. I have lost the will and can not finish from here so here is my ending story. Please don't follow in my tasks or patience.

I have spent two days doing this job. Anyone that has done it knows exactly what it entails. Now try it with Mickey Mouse tools.............and a JACK! Anyway, I got the car done. Clutch bled and fired up, cleaned up the tools and mess from the job. Lowered the rear from the jackstands. Went to lower the front from the jackstands. The jack was not high enough (2 1/4 ton). I used a 4x4 to get a little height on the jack to get it off of the stands. well needeless to say it fell from the jack and crushed the oilpan and went into the motor. I AM DONE. I refuse to pull all of that and the motor again to replace the pan. If ya pull the motor you gotta re-build it and its just not worth it. It better to beat the pissss out of a fox body stang. They can take it. Attahced are some pics of the mess. The last one is out of anger. I will be posting my car on the forsale post. Its a great car other than a shattered oil pan. You guys are awesome

Peace and Chicken Grease........Dahoopd

Special Thanks to all of you that responded with help and you know who you are. I wouldnt have gotten this far if it wasnt for the @zz kicking you gave me when I was giving up on the lame stuff.

Last edited:
K.........I'm either blind........or the pics are transparent. You sure you won't change your mind after calming down........?

Whoops.........there they are...........lol

You know..........I did that last one too..............but afterwards my wife wasn't so calm that she'd let me take a picture.........I remember running and hiding for a while.

Last edited:
Dude relax, A little duck tape and some liquid nails will fix that LOL :p J/K that sucks man. Makes me wanna go buy a good jack and some jackstands!

That last one would have a calming sensation on me.. :D...I feel myself so extremely fortunate to have a friend with access to a lift..good luck to you hope you have better luck with the stangs...

Damn that sucks big time dude and I am sorry to see that. I feel your pain. I am not sure what I would do if I was in your situation. Hopefully everything works out for the best for you.

Shane

When I did my hg's, I was jacking the car up enough so I could fit my ramps under the front wheels. :eek: I didn't feel safe doing it, but had to get it up in the air. That sucks about the oil pan. You can drop the pan without pulling the motor, I think, by removing the K-member. You are so close to having a nice car. Don't give up now dude!!!! :) :(

No Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am crushed. This site and you guys have held me up like a crutch to keep my will strong. It took 2 days to get this done and one second, I mean one second to come falling down...literally. I am done. I got up under ther after smacking Jack D around for awhile and it didnt do anything internally. But I dont want to sink the kind of time & money into it that it needs. If it was a 95, I would just blow it off and move forward. After the hassle of the whole trans, rear and exhaust. I am in no mood to go forward with this thing. Hopefully it will sell or trade on the forums for a busted and broke 95, its what I wanted from the beginning.

Now I gotta replace a pink shirt,..........now thats funny. Git er dun!

Dahoopd said:
I am crushed. This site and you guys have held me up like a crutch to keep my will strong. It took 2 days to get this done and one second, I mean one second to come falling down...literally. I am done. I got up under ther after smacking Jack D around for awhile and it didnt do anything internally. But I dont want to sink the kind of time & money into it that it needs. If it was a 95, I would just blow it off and move forward. After the hassle of the whole trans, rear and exhaust. I am in no mood to go forward with this thing. Hopefully it will sell or trade on the forums for a busted and broke 95, its what I wanted from the beginning.

Now I gotta replace a pink shirt,..........now thats funny. Git er dun!

Just so you know, the motor doesn't have to be pulled to fix it. The pan can be changed from the bottom, by dropping the k member.

David

That sucks, if it would of happend to me I would of thrown a jackstand through the window. And I think he mentioned that the jack did damage to the actual insides as it went through the pan..

Exactly what I was thinking. Guys do this all the time to change out the front sway bar. Get a engine hoist or something to hold the engine up. Then pull the through bolt for the lower motor mount, disconnect the top of the shocks, disconnect the rag joint for the steering shaft, and then put the chassis up on jackstands, chain up the engine with a hoist, and then unbolt and lower the K-member.

Just watch the brake lines.

This reminds me of the guy who spent most of his savings as a student on a built fox body 302 for it to handle the 100 shot...then he forgot to jet it :p so he had to sell a mustang with a grenaded built 302 as a rolling chassis...

Just need a little freak time

Well, I was told to just stay away from it for a week. Dont look at it, dont touch it and then look at it and try something. I was also told that its not difficult.

You guys told me the clutch swap wasnt and I trusted you but I dsont know if its trust this time. This car is breaking my will. The most hysterical part is that I called my dad and told him, being the street rodder he is he was upset he had a 38 chevy with 30K in it that burned to the ground and he hadnt gotten insurance yet. So if he can blow that off. I cant be a wuss about it.

Anyway, an hour later my step mom calls and says why dont you just pull the K-member and replace the pan. I so wanted to poke her in the eye for saying that. My own step mother....she should have put the clutch in and I wouldnt be having this conversation......HaHa Below is a pick of the motor my dad just put into his 29 model A. Its not wired yet but its almost there

Dahoopd said:
Well, I was told to just stay away from it for a week. Dont look at it, dont touch it and then look at it and try something. I was also told that its not difficult.

You guys told me the clutch swap wasnt and I trusted you but I dsont know if its trust this time. This car is breaking my will. The most hysterical part is that I called my dad and told him, being the street rodder he is he was upset he had a 38 chevy with 30K in it that burned to the ground and he hadnt gotten insurance yet. So if he can blow that off. I cant be a wuss about it.

Anyway, an hour later my step mom calls and says why dont you just pull the K-member and replace the pan. I so wanted to poke her in the eye for saying that. My own step mother....she should have put the clutch in and I wouldnt be having this conversation......HaHa Below is a pick of the motor my dad just put into his 29 model A. Its not wired yet but its almost there

Your step Mom sounds like a smart woman.

David

I refuse to give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so it took me a few days to realize and a few tussles with Jack Daniels to realize that I am not giving in on this car yet. Well, atleast the SC. The SCCOA has taught me to fix it, you guys have helped me fix it and I CAN fix it. I figure I have done the HG's and the clutch. Now I am going to fix the oil pan. All of this while borrowing Mickey Mouses hand tools. (and Jacks....lol). I think the only reason I got so freaked is because the car is really not the SC I want and it definatley doesnt have the colors I want. Yes, it can be painted and yes things can be changed but when it breaks or you make a mistake and break it. It just puts you that much farther back from your goals. So I am going to fix the pan and try to cut my losses and sell it for what I can get and find the Sc I want. its a very good car and is in very good shape. Not to mention all of the crap I have replaced. So I am here to stay Gents.

Stop being a Wuss.

With all the support your getting you should have more ambition than you need to get this done. Stop procrastinating and start taking it apart already.

Geesh....you only joined in 2004 and your already giving up??? LOL!
You have a lot more Jack Daniels and broken parts to go through before you catch up with the rest of us.

~Joking~

Good luck and keep your head up!

Enough with the 'goodbye' threads already. I count 3 of these sob story threads on the first page alone. You going to go? Fine, leave.

Back