Help. 1991 SC, Can you put 2 1/4" to the exhaust manifolds?

KocaPuff

Help. 1991 SC, Can you put 2 1/4" to the exhaust manifolds? How many of you out there have 2 1/4" exhaust pipe connected to your manifolds?

I just paid $400.00 for my custom exhaust.. That does not include Mufflers or Resonator, that is just labor, hanger's, O2 Bung.. I have 600.00 in it right now.

I told him to put 2 1/4 inch on the manifolds and he said he couldn't that the exhaust flange is too Small and that I wouldn't get a 100% fit. I have a 2 inch pipe welded into 2 1/2 pipes going into the resonators.. He already did the exhaust and the right side has a 2 inch with a tight 90 that is really restricting flow on that side. He was able to run 2 2 1/4 inch duals by the gas tank though.

I also have 2 places the pipes are Crushed in, during the bending process, that restricts flow.

SHOULD I EXPECT HIM TO FIX THE CRUSHED PLACES ON THE EXHAUST AND PUT THE 2 1/4 INCH AT THE MANIFOLDS? THAT IS WHAT WE AGREED UPON ORIGINALLY, OR AM I BEING TOO ANAL??? CAN HE PUT THE 2 1/4 INCH AT THE MANIFOLD WITHOUT IT LEAKING?

Thank you for your help! I am SCCOA member, hopefully they'll change my SC newbie thing soon.

Keith

2-1/4" will fit, but it's close. The cone on the end of the pipes has to be made cleanly to seal up to the flange on the manifolds.

cheers
Ed N.

Back