Thread: where's the cheapest source for...

where's the cheapest source for...

Looking for the cheapest place to buy Magnecore wires and steel idler pullies....found each at supercoupeperformance.com but thought prices might be a bit high...(pullies $25each, magnecore wires $105)

Any other suggestions?

check out cyberspace automotive
    they have a bunch of stuff
    i think they got 8.5 and 10mm
    its something like
    www.cyberauto.com

Many people run the Dayco pulleys that you can get locally at your auto parts store. Some run the Dayco 3" pulley for a 6-ribbed belt. It is part # 89007 and costs about $17 at CarQuest. The stock washer/dust cover will fit this pulley. It is a little narrow, but works.

The actual 3" Dayco pulley for an 8-ribbed belt is part # 89016 and it is about $19. This one is wider than the belt, like the stock plastic ones, but will not accept the stock washer without mods to the washer or using a smaller washer.

I believe a lot of our vendors sell the Cobra pulleys and they will not accept the stock washer either.

Thanks but 1 more ?

Thanks for tips....
    Are the Dayco pulleys steel or plastic?

Sean

Originally posted by gldiii
    Many people run the Dayco pulleys that you can get locally at your auto parts store. Some run the Dayco 3" pulley for a 6-ribbed belt. It is part # 89007 and costs about $17 at CarQuest. The stock washer/dust cover will fit this pulley. It is a little narrow, but works.

The actual 3" Dayco pulley for an 8-ribbed belt is part # 89016 and it is about $19. This one is wider than the belt, like the stock plastic ones, but will not accept the stock washer without mods to the washer or using a smaller washer.

I believe a lot of our vendors sell the Cobra pulleys and they will not a
    ccept the stock washer either.

Dayco pulleys are steel. I tried a cross to Gates pulley's using the Dayco number. The Gates cross won't accept the stock dust sheild.

But there was a note on the box that said specifically that the dust shield from stock pulleys was not necessary due to the bearing design. (Factory packed and sealed)

I'm wondering if the same can be said for the Dayco 89016.

Anyone with ideas on a source for the Dayco line please post. My local vendors do not carry Dayco. All that I've found are carrying Gates.

Red Rooster
    Car Quest
    Napa
    Checker.
    Last edited by Mike8675309; 07-15-2002 at 11:37 AM.