Why the hell are people picking on me!?

I just bought yet another Mustang GT 2K 5sp, and this just seems like the car that people love to hate on! :rolleyes:
First of all I can understand ricers that occassionally do the "I'm a sucker fly by", or the Supercoupe guy who swears that he could blow my doors off with his "STOCK" SC. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I can take these things like a man, but GEEZ! Now this guy I work with walks up to me out of the clear blue sky and challenges me to a dual claiming to have a COBRA! LOL! He wants to beat up on my GT with his COBRA! HAHAHAHAHA! Now why on earth would I line up with an '03 Cobra???:D To beat it all I really doubt that he even has a Cobra, because he refuses to let me see it. I told him that I will be happy to race him with my 1991 Thunderbird SC. In fact, I told him that it should be a fairly close race.

1991 Thunderbird V6 Turbo vs. "stock" '03 Cobra
???I wonder who would win????? :confused:
(IF I EVER GET THE DAMN CAR BACK :p )

My point is that "I KNOW THE MUSTANG GT IS NOT THE WORLD'S FASTEST CAR"
LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE! ! !:D :D :D

Last edited:
David Neibert said:
Frank....their just trying to steal your MOJO.

David

I think you are right David! I want to keep my MOJO!!! :D
It's just annoying that I go out and buy a freaken C A R, and people have to make positively sure that I know it's not fast! :rolleyes:

Also ANTHONY,
Heck no i'm not sure about any of that! :D

Dude, race him. Just make sure it's a stoplight to stoplight race or something. I'm gonna take a wild guess that this guy drives like Scott Long. In which case he will annhiliate the tires right from the start. So I figure if you stay calm and collected (can't you borrow some drag radials or slicks?) then you should be able to embarrass him handsomely over the course of a stoplight.

That would either (a) get him to shut up or (b) further infuriate him at which point you then take joy in his pain. Then you can say, "no more races...i already smoked you once."

Micah

Micahdogg said:
Dude, race him. Just make sure it's a stoplight to stoplight race or something. I'm gonna take a wild guess that this guy drives like Scott Long. In which case he will annhiliate the tires right from the start. So I figure if you stay calm and collected (can't you borrow some drag radials or slicks?) then you should be able to embarrass him handsomely over the course of a stoplight.

That would either (a) get him to shut up or (b) further infuriate him at which point you then take joy in his pain. Then you can say, "no more races...i already smoked you once."

Micah

That's pretty cool Micah. It would be really cool if I could get him in a situation like that, but guys around here settle disputes at the track. I would not have a prayer if I raced him Stang vs. Cobra, but if HP Performance ever finishes up on the turboed Supercoupe I personally think things will be very different. :)

turbospeed said:
so its lamost the end of may any updates on the turbo car?
Hey turbospeed!
HP Performance last promised to have the car D O N E in the first week of June. No matter what the hell happens I will be there in New Mexico on that date. So we will all know something SOON! :mad:

dirtybird91 said:
or the Supercoupe guy who swears that he could blow my doors off with his "STOCK" SC. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ROFL!!! Yeah I remember that interesting thread we had going there Frank.

Shane

dirtybird91 said:
I won't be holding my breath man! :D :(

Frank,

If it makes you feel any better, the May 1st completion date on my car has now been extended to June 17th at the earliest. They are supposed to finish the hot side fabrication work late today or tomorrow and send it out for coating. They are also supposed to be e-mailing some progress pictures that I'll post when and if I get them.

I've come to the conclusion that all turbo companies suck. They want too much money in advance and take way longer than they promise. That is also the reason that there will never be very many turbocharged SCs on the road, so we will remain somewhat exclusive.

David

Did they finish Chris's car yet? Frank, stop light to stop light in your GT would be close, IF he has a cobra. 1/4 mile, say goodbye. In your turbo, you just might smoke him. I suggest you race him in the GT and if he wins, tell him you want to race him with your V6 t-bird. :eek: The look on his face when you beat him, will be priceless.

Then if you go to the track Frank....you'll have to count on sheer intimidation. When you both line up (you on the right)......turn your steering wheel full lock to the left and hold the revs at 4000 rpm. That should get you the holeshot. You're on your own from there.

Micah

Then if you go to the track Frank....you'll have to count on sheer intimidation. When you both line up (you on the right)......turn your steering wheel full lock to the left and hold the revs at 4000 rpm. That should get you the holeshot. You're on your own from there.

Thats Great!

Anthony

Micahdogg said:

Micah

Loud mouths always back off when you trade paint.:p
NASCAR style drag racing, :) get him.

RANDY

Micahdogg said:
I'm gonna take a wild guess that this guy drives like Scott Long. In which case he will annhiliate the tires right from the start.

Micah

Oh yeah, well at least I can shift bitch! :D

David Neibert said:
Frank,

If it makes you feel any better, the May 1st completion date on my car has now been extended to June 17th at the earliest. They are supposed to finish the hot side fabrication work late today or tomorrow and send it out for coating. They are also supposed to be e-mailing some progress pictures that I'll post when and if I get them.

I've come to the conclusion that all turbo companies suck. They want too much money in advance and take way longer than they promise. That is also the reason that there will never be very many turbocharged SCs on the road, so we will remain somewhat exclusive.

David

Holy Cats David! :eek:

Back