Where to buy: giant sheets of carbon fiber?

quick35th

So where can I buy giant sheets of carbon fiber at and about how many millions of dollars will it cost me?

Shane

Randy thanks for the info. Now I have to figure out how I can cut the stuff and find someone that can laminate the parts for me.

Shane

I cut the cloth with scissors myself. Laminations I cut with a porta band,jigsaw or Sawzall. Wear breathing protection when sawing Carbon Fiber as you dont want those particals in your lungs....EVER!!!!!

Cool Mike thanks for the warning about the breathing mask. I would not have thought about that.

I need the carbon fiber because I plan to make a custom front splitter and rear nascar style spoiler for my project 35th. Both will be fully adjustable for more or less downforce.

Shane

Why go to all that trouble when there are sooo many carbon ricer products out there already? :p :p
I'm sure a Civic wing can be grafted onto your trunk lid. :p :p
The carbon Civic hood might require more work however. :p :p :D

MIKE 38sc said:
Why go to all that trouble when there are sooo many carbon ricer products out there already? :p :p
I'm sure a Civic wing can be grafted onto your trunk lid. :p :p
The carbon Civic hood might require more work however. :p :p :D

LMFAO!!!! Mike you got it all wrong. I want carbon fiber because of how light weight it is. There will be nothing ricer about my 35th when I am done with it. I value function over fastion so all the parts I will make will actually serve a purpose in life unlike the stuff ricers buy.

Shane

Back