Custom Billet Crankshafts.....

If the process was more dialed-in with a specific supplier, I'd love to take the benefits of not having to pay NRE in addition to the part cost. The crank wont be cheap, but if it helps me get into the 900-1000hp range with some longevity...it may be worth it.

Crankshafts are available now as we speak. Crower has made them for a few people in the Mustang V6 world. No one is using one in the SC world yet. They are significantly more expensive than this 2005 thread indicated they might be though. I forget the #'s but a phone call to Crower will get you up to speed if you are seriously interested.

..... I forget the #'s but a phone call to Crower will get you up to speed if you are seriously interested.

Just trying to get up to speed with what's available and to get my ducks in a row for a build in the future. I'll make an inquiry to Crower and see what they say. Thanks for the replies.

From what I have gathered all the 3.74" cranks that have failed have been oem cranks from ford. Have not heard of any of the china cranks failing yet? Possibly the metallurgy of the china units are different...? Wonder if anyone has weighed a china piece against an oe unit.

On another note my chine 3.74" crank has held up to turbo'd 20psi with a 35hp shot of nitrous. My 4r70w not so much:eek:

From what I have gathered all the 3.74" cranks that have failed have been oem cranks from ford. Have not heard of any of the china cranks failing yet? Possibly the metallurgy of the china units are different...? Wonder if anyone has weighed a china piece against an oe unit.

On another note my chine 3.74" crank has held up to turbo'd 20psi with a 35hp shot of nitrous. My 4r70w not so much:eek:

This thread is about billet steel cranks, not cast steel. Topic for a different conversation.

Back