M90 to M112??

doodaa

I could swear I've seen a company that will take your Eaton M90 and "upgrade" it to M112 specs. I've done searches here and at TCCoA and can't seem to come up with it again.... Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm not sure I do....

You might be thinking of the GTP crowd. Someone has created a hybrid M112 with a M90 case. I guess it's in kit form by now, but there is nothing specifically for our car though. Definitely nothing bolt on.

Micah

Its very possible to make this work, the only problem I have encountered is the fact that the intake manifold will have to be modified.

sounds like a future project to me. ill have to put that on the things to do list. i havent seen an M112 before but im going to take a wild guess and say that more then just the intake manifold needs to be modified. unless u used the plenum from the gtp or something but that might have some problems in its own. i wonder if its possible to put the MP stuff on it. hmmmmmmmm sounds like a project.

To sum this up really quickly you need a spacer/adapter plate roughly 1.6" in size. You take the M90 rotors out of the M90 case and slide the new M112 rotors into the M90 case. Pulley spacers or a special jackshaft pulley will have to be fabbed up. Due to the longer supercharger there will be two issues
1) not enough space under the hood
2) intake manifold had a 'lump' on it

Now there is another way around this, a plan that is very sneaky and will work without as much hassel.... :)

Back