Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: !~Transmission Coolers~!

Oh no here we go. He is starting already. I think you sold the SC. I have not seen that thing in over a year.
    Just prepping myself for an inevitable turn to another $1,000 thottle drop! Of course noone wants it to happen. >.. Just been that way for a few years now.

Anthony

Ok .. Here's a few quick shots I took this morning when I got to work. .. Now, remember (before I get scolded) this car hasn't been driven more than 3 or 4 times, not more than 40-50 miles in the last year because of trans problems. .. So it's QUITE The Dirty One! .. Somewhere under all that settled crap there is a nice SC. ..

But more importantly, notice that the Hood Latch assembly is missing. During the Bigger Tube & Fin cooler, I had to remove it. .. Now with this cooler, all I have to do is move it down about 6-8 inches & the hood action is back. .. But that will wait for the next hood, because I already put "hood pin" holes for now. .. In the end, it worked out good & runs even better.

Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Talking It,s Just A

SMALL FMIC

Nice setup, but here's a suggestion to make it all more efficient. Build up around the rad forward so you have a "tunnel" for the air to travel through everything. Right now the air will be escaping between everything cause thats the easier route so the cooling efficiency is down.

Just my 0.002 cents worth

Frit

SMALL FMIC
    Slow & Steady wins the race!

Build up around the rad forward so you have a "tunnel" for the air to travel through everything.
    That is definitely a good idea. I'm actually going to be moving a few things around in there. I may turn the Trans cooler to go up & down so I can push it off to the right. Then I have to put in a Aircon AC Condensor next to it. .. So when I get to rearranging it, I'll look into making it efficient as you said. .. Everything is staying cool now which is good, but theres always room for improvement. The wall will probably really keep things cool. I'll be sure to post when I get it built. Probably another week or two before I get the condensor & start the re-arrange.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by SilverCasket
    Slow & Steady wins the race!

That is definitely a good idea. I'm actually going to be moving a few things around in there. I may turn the Trans cooler to go up & down so I can push it off to the right. Then I have to put in a Aircon AC Condensor next to it. .. So when I get to rearranging it, I'll look into making it efficient as you said. .. Everything is staying cool now which is good, but theres always room for improvement. The wall will probably really keep things cool. I'll be sure to post when I get it built. Probably another week or two before I get the condensor & start the re-arrange.

Anthony
    Anthony,

Maybe you should just leave it alone since it's finally working/running right

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

Trans cooler looks nice.And set up nice and clean.
    Randy

I kind of couldn't agree more ... But there something about keeping full trim. .. Want that AC. .. It's gets hot in the car on the track with the windows up & that helmet on!

And the reason I'd like to rearrange in there is because I really want to have my AC back as well as put the hood hinge assembly back together. .. Because now that it runs good, I can pay some attention to how the car looks outside & under the hood. The interior is already mint. There's only about 70k miles on the car itself. But the outside & under the hood are a mess. ... And it's embarrassing when I pull up with all the other SC's & you all keep them beautiful. .. I remember when mine looked that good. So I miss it quite a bit. ..

However, ... If it turns out that the condensor causes a heat problem, then "Off with the Air!" ... ... But I couldn't agree more Dave. If it's not broken don't fix it. ... It's like I'm a glutten for punishment. But I'm hoping it doesn't cause an issue. Only 1 way to know for sure.

Anthony

Anthony,

Sorry, I thought you still had AC and were just changing to the shorter thicker condenser. I can certianly understand why you would want it, I've still got AC on my 91 and the turbo v8 93.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage