Underdrive Pulleys

SK_BlownThunder

When you put underdrive pulleys on, what do you put them on and what is the entire purpose of doing them. Are they bigger or smaller than the stock pulleys? I plan to use a 5% overdrive pulley on the stock blower of my '90 SC. As far as I know, underdrive pulleys transfer the torque needed to run accessories down to the crankshaft where it is needed most. What particular thing do you put them on? Supercharger ider pulley, p/s pump, A/C compressor, water pump...? Help me out here. Thanks!

Underdrive Pulley

Underdrive pullies are used to slow down your accessories, thus allowing more of the power your engine makes to go to the rear wheels. SCI's underdrives are for the Crank, the Alternator and the water pump. They are a replacement pulley for the stock sized pullies. In the case of the Alternator and the Water pump they are bigger, in the case of the crank pulley it is smaller than stock.

Dave

Big Cat Davo said:
Underdrive pullies are used to slow down your accessories, thus allowing more of the power your engine makes to go to the rear wheels. SCI's underdrives are for the Crank, the Alternator and the water pump. They are a replacement pulley for the stock sized pullies. In the case of the Alternator and the Water pump they are bigger, in the case of the crank pulley it is smaller than stock.

Dave

They are also lighter and allow the motor to accelerate a little quicker. I think they are one of the first mods that should be done on an SC.

David

Sci

Get ahold of Ryan Harris, he posts on the Ontario forum and around here as well, he makes them, I think they go for around 300 dollars.

Dave

Back